aftercare/support meeting tonite!

B.J.
on 7/13/04 1:09 am - Rehoboth Beach, DE
Hi everybody, Tonight is my first aftercare group meeting, basically a support group of post-ops from my surgeon/hospital, it's mandatory that we attend these per our surgeon. I am looking forward to seeing others who are a bit further out than I am (2 weeks today!), I have a lot of questions to ask of them. Tomorrow night I am also planning to attend an informal support group locally, I attended last month as a pre-op an it was very helpful to meet this bunch of women in all stages of pre- and post-op WLS surgery. It is more of a social gathering, last month they discussed "dating" after surgery. What do YOUR plans for aftercare and support include? Just curious. -BJ 300/?/150 first official weigh-in tomorrow!
dcox94
on 7/13/04 1:27 am - North Wilmington, DE
Hi Barbara, I am 4 weeks out and I have nutrition classes that I am attending. One at the 2 week phase which is about the time you start pureed, then we have another one set at the time I will start soft foods, and the final class will be when I go to regular foods. I find them to be helpful so far. We also have a support group that meets once a month and well it includes a mix of people pre/post. Its a big group so its tough to satisfy everyone. I try to stay active in it because I walk away with a little something all the time. I also hope that I am giving information to others as they need it too! I would like to find a smaller group so that it would be easier to share experiences.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views