5 weeks out, and just starting to feel human again!

AngieM
on 7/11/04 9:34 am - Somewhere in, Pa
For me, it was 4 weeks and three days out. I know there are others out there who are having a hard time, and wonder when will it get better? I know I sure did. I am so happy to report that I am finally feeling more like myself, and like I may be over that hurdle. Yay!!! Hugs Ang
JenJ
on 7/13/04 1:15 am - Xenia, OH
I also have been having a hard time getting back to my "normal" self. I had open RNY on 6/9/04 and have also been wondering when I would feel better.
AngieM
on 7/15/04 1:53 am - Somewhere in, Pa
I had my surgery Lap, and it still took me that long! I think everyone is going to heal at a different rate, period. But, I just felt the need to post, because it does get discouraging to see so many folks post at two weeks out saying how great they feel. Some of take a much longer tiem to feel "great" again. I feel so much better.....but still not at GREAT yet! LOL Hugs!!....and a speedy recovery! Ang
Shrinking V.
on 7/14/04 4:41 am - salt lake city, Ut
Hi Ang, Is that what it takes? One more week? I'm exactly 4 weeks, and wishing i could feel normal or even good. Gives me a glimmer of hope.....Violet
Jer B.
on 7/14/04 12:34 pm - Blaine, MO
I'm going to be 6 weeks out tomorrow & I went back to work on Monday. I guess I was feeling normal until today when I got home from work & my beautiful dog had been hit by a neighbor. She was in the ditch suffering so I had to shoot her to put her out of her misery as her back was broke & she could hardly move & her heart was racing a mile a minute. It absolutely killed me to see her laying there, but I knew what I had to do. I got her buried out in our backyard where it's very peaceful...she was a great dog.
AngieM
on 7/15/04 1:49 am - Somewhere in, Pa
Jerry, I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. I can not imagine how hard that must be for you. Hugs Ang
Barb P.
on 7/16/04 6:18 am - Smalltown, KY
I am 3 weeks out and having a horrible time. I am lactose intolerant. I can't stand the smell, thought, sight of FOOD. I get dry heaves when I think about food, when I try to take my medications and when I brush my teeth. I am eating hardly any food at all and I am as weak as a cat.
Patti Ann H.
on 7/16/04 9:09 am - Charleston, SC
Have you talked to your dietician and or to your surgeon. This is not normal, you have to stay on top of your health first and foremost.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views