eating on the go . . .

B.J.
on 7/11/04 12:10 am - Rehoboth Beach, DE
Hi everyone, Venturing out today to do some shopping and errands . . . need to plan ahead for "lunch" so I'm thinking a Wendy's Baked Potato maybe? Are there any other choices I can pick up on the run? Someone suggested Taco Bell's refried beans but I am a bit worried about the, um, gas factor LOL!!! Oh, and can I have "butter" or "sour cream" on this potato? -BJ (13 days out)
MzH
on 7/11/04 2:09 am - LOSERLAND, MD
Don't have any advice but wanted to state that I am so jealous! You get to eat REAL FOOD?! I am one month out today and am still eating pureed. I hope he puts me on soft foods on Tuesday when I see him. So far when I go out, I take creamy peanut butter to kill any pangs. I have had taco bell's refried beans (canned). There were no adverse effects. They suggest lowfat or nonfat sour cream. Have fun! H
B.J.
on 7/11/04 7:43 am - Rehoboth Beach, DE
Well, I did have that baked potato (without the skin and just a tad of butter) and it was like heaven on earth, the first "real" food in such a long time, or at least it seemed like it. I find it very interesting the diversity of diets by doctors. For instance, when I got home from the hospital, I was instructed to eat 3 meals a day (lowfat yogurt, cottage cheese and lowfat cream soups) plus 3 Carnation Instant Breakfasts with skim milk per day, and I could add as much sugar free jello (counts as water) as I could tolerate. The jello and the sugar free popsicles really got me through. Next week I can add overcooked vegetables, macaroni, and a couple of other similarly textured things to the list, but nothing I'd consider "real" food yet. -BJ
chashend
on 7/11/04 10:30 pm - INDIANAPOLIS, IN
I would say be very careful.... The reason you should not be eating regular foods yet, is because it takes at least six weeks for your new connections to fully heal. Any foods to thick can put stress on those connections, and cause them to either leak, or develop too much scar tissue, thus preventing your food from getting through. (back to surgery) It is worth the wait to insure that the whole process benefits you. I am a month post op, and I have lost more weight following my doctors instructions, rather that doing my own thing. I suggest that you prepare your meals and take them with you. Be blessed, and much success! Charles
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views