2-week update

Nancy M.
on 7/9/04 10:49 am - Mt. Jackson, VA
I had my 2-week Dr. visit on July 8. I'm down 20 pounds. I came home from the hospital with a drain in and it had been leaking around the drain tube making my skin really sore. Doctor took the drain out and put an ostomy bag on to catch the drainage. Feels much better and much nicer to take care of. Now that the drain is out I am completely pain free. The drain was the only thing causing me discomfort. I have had no problems to date with food and was allowed to progress to soft solid foods. Had a discussion with the nutritionist for suggestions to get in all the protein I need. She said to have 15 grams of protein for each meal and 10 grams for my afternoon snack. I am eating 3 meals and one snack and not hungry at all. Nancy Lap RNY 6-21-04 Revision 6-23-04 310/289.6/122
B.J.
on 7/9/04 9:39 pm - Rehoboth Beach, DE
Wow Nancy!! 20 pounds in 2 weeks? That's incredible! I notice in your sig line that you had a revision two days after original surgery? What happened? -BJ
Nancy M.
on 7/10/04 12:43 am - Mt. Jackson, VA
Hi BJ, the second surgery was to correct a blockage. I developed a blood clot in my intestine. My doctor was able to go back in with the scope through two of the original incisions and dislodge the clot so that it passed through. Nancy
B.J.
on 7/10/04 6:52 am - Rehoboth Beach, DE
Wow, that sounds scary Nancy! How were they able to tell you had a blockage in the first place? -BJ
(deactivated member)
on 7/10/04 5:15 am
ejarbaby
on 7/10/04 12:11 pm - Omaha, NE
That is interesting. My drain was removed the day I left the hospital. It was only in for 3 days. Glad you're feeling better! Cathy -25
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views