BOOOOOOOOOOO

(deactivated member)
on 7/5/04 1:08 pm - Bronx, NY
Hi Guys, Well I am 2 weeks post op and on the pureed stage and it SUCKS! I tried pureed chicken and became extremely sick tried baked fish and pureed it and and most of the time if not all I am not HUNGRY, I am trying to get my protein in (PERIOD) it's hard for me to drink 3 a day I am lucky if I drink 1 because I just don't feel the urge to but I know I need it. My nutrionist wants me to try and get protein in from food as well since I am on the pureed stage like yogurt, eggs witch make me sick, tuna fish witch I actually did well on and cheese witch is OK, but I just don't feel hungry. Water the first week, did not sit well with me and then last wk it started to make me feel better, now I have a problem drinking it again WTF... I find myself thirsty allot but when I drink I feel sick, maybe I am taking it down to fast from thirst? I know I am not getting enough protein in and eating has definately become a chore, and not FUN at all! I feel depressed and fustrated. The only thing that seems to do well in my pouch is sugar free/fat free fudge pops. I am tired of them things lol Also egg drop soup is ok as well, last week it did real well tonight it was just blahhh... so so.. I guess as the weeks progress my pouch will go through many changed.. I am almost scared to try new things since throwing up is my life story these days sometimes I can feel the food or drinks in my chest that I have to put my finger down my throat to make myself throw up and feel better. I think I will try babyfood. I also tried beef broth man this is gross, I like the chicken broth better but that was when I first came out I kinda got bored of it. Anyhow tomorrow I am leaving for Vegas for a week to visit my family, wish me well on my journey and if you have any advice please by all means HELP!! Also I went to a BBQ the other day has one bite of mac and cheese that went down ok, and ate some mushed up baked fish that was delicous and a piece of jerk chicken mushed up and that went down well too, but that was it. Other then that eating and planning meals I tell you I hate.
dawn davis
on 7/5/04 3:59 pm - cumming, ga
Angelene, I went to a mex rest. On Sunday and ordered their chicken soup and had them put it in the blender and it went down fine even though it had some rice in it, and tasted awesome! I mainly eat a scrambled egg with some low fat cheese and a little salsa on the side. I go to Wendy's and get a baked potato with chives and put on the low fat ranch and some of the hot chili sauce that comes in a gold foil package. I eat apple sauce to help me stay regular and I love low fat cottage cheese with salsa. I had my surgery on 6-18-04 so I'm right there with you. On Friday we move on to soft fruits and veggies. I will be so glad to be out of the pureed food state too. Try some of my suggestions to give you some different ideas. Dawn Davis ******* GA 6/18/04 L-RNY 340/315 -25 LBS Dr. Macik-Atlanta, GA
dcox94
on 7/7/04 9:27 pm - North Wilmington, DE
Your suggestions are really good. I never thought of putting ranch and chili sauce in a potatoe! That sounds so yummy. Do you have a list of what the soft fruits and veggies are? I am in the pureed stage also and well don't have a great imagination for food preparation. Thanks for making the suggestions.
Mama Bear
on 7/7/04 6:45 am - Dallas Area, TX
I'm having the same problems with getting protein and fluids in this week. I'm still not hungry or thirsty either. It's a weird switch -- now that I'm suppose to EAT, I don't want to. I just started the pureed stage and it's basically disgusting to me. I've tried to blend a few different foods and they are going down "OK" and staying down - but then I'll have TERRIBLE amounts of gas (very foul smelling and lot's of it) for the remainder of the day and throughout the night. Cottage cheese seems to work for me OK but that's about it. I've tried hot cereals like cream of wheat, or malt o meal -- which I liked before surgery; but now I can't stand the thought of it. As much as I didn't like the protein drinks, I'm thinking at least it was easier to get the daily requirements in. I know everyone says this is worth it and it will get better, but day to day this is just not what I expected. I haven't reached the stage yet of being able to say it was worth it... RK
Lynette F.
on 7/10/04 11:00 am - Jenks, OK
Regina, I know exactly how all of you are feeling I will be 4 weeks out tommorrow and I am still going through the don't know what to eat without getting sick and fixing such a small amount of something doesn't seem worth the time........and your right everyone keeps saying its worth it and I see for most it is so I know we will get there but right now it isn't and this is a miserable feeling, I want to be able to eat something and not feel sick. Hang in there we will all get through this........Lynette
Mama Bear
on 7/10/04 12:02 pm - Dallas Area, TX
Thanks Lynette, Today is a better day. I've found I can eat blended version of a tuna salad or chicken salad, so I've increased my variety a little. I can only eat about 4 tablespoons at at time, and it's going down well and not causing any stomach uproars. Here's my "recipe: in the food processer, combine 1 small foil like packet of either tuna or chicken (not canned) 1 boiled egg a dash of relish a few squirts of light ranch dressing Give the food processer a few whirls I decided to try to eat my three main meals with something like this and then use 2 protein supplements in between to serve as "snacks" and help me with getting the protein & fluid in. RK
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views