Two weeks out and doing great! :-)

Sue H.
on 7/5/04 9:37 am - Cheyenne, WY
Hi! Today is two weeks since surgery, and I feel good. I started pureed foods yesterday. Does anyone else have to just force themselves to eat? I never feel hungry, and am afraid of overfilling my stomach pouch, so am not sure when to stop eating either. Any suggestions? Sue
Barb P.
on 7/5/04 12:05 pm - Smalltown, KY
Hey Sue, I am 10 days out and I hate eating and drinking. I just feel so stuffed all the time. I feel if I have to eat another bite I will vomit and I haven't even started. It is so miserable. I am afraid I will get dehydrated. I force myself to sip but it is extremely hard. I don't start on pureed until after the 15th when I go back to the doctor. Now I can have eggs, jello, soup, soup, soup, soup. Ha.
Cecilia W.
on 7/5/04 12:09 pm - Nashua, NH
Hi Sue. I am Celia, from NH, and I had my surgery on 6/14, which makes it 3 weeks tomorrow. I had the same problem at first, especially with the protein powder. When I went to my doctor, he told me that I had to get in 60 gms of protein per day, so I have had to work at it even harder. Most days I am able to get all 60 gms in, but some days it is pretty tough. I think the trick is to start early in the day and have something every few hours. Sometimes I sleep late, and that makes it tough to get all of the protein in! Because you are eating so much less, it is best to get the most protein you can in a small amount of food. I usually have at least one protein shake a day, and in the morning, I mix protein powder in my cereal. It isn't the best, but it isn't the worst either, and it does the trick. Good luck, Celia
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views