Pain after surgery on 6/28/04

Stephanie A.
on 7/4/04 8:54 am - Victor, WV
Hi everyone. I had a question. I am having sharp pain to the left of my abdomen when I walk, bend over, or just sitting. It feels like a red hot poker is being stabbed in me! Sometimes it takes my breath. My doctor told me in the hospital that I would have pain there because of staples and the stapler being passed through that spot but shouldn't it have subsided somewhat by now? If anyone can help me I sure would appreciate it. He sent me home with pain med but it doesn't help for long. Thanks for listening. Steph
HAPPYGAL H.
on 7/4/04 1:39 pm - KY
I AM 11 DAYS POST OP AND THAT IS NORMAL.. I FELT THE SAME WAY FOR ABOUT A WEEK.. AND NOW I ONLY HURT OCCASSIONALLY. SO IT WILL BE FINE I PROMISE.. WE ALL HAVE BEEN THROUGH THIS.. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND DONT OVERDO.. I DID AND I PAID FOR IT.. REST REST REST... VICKI
MzH
on 7/4/04 1:54 pm - LOSERLAND, MD
Hi Steph, I had to go in on Wednesday with the pain in the left side too. The main concern about that is kidney troubles so he wanted to see me but if your temp is fine, your blood preasure and pulse rate are all stable and you have no problems urinating, they you are like the rest of us, I guess they do a lot on that left side. He said it could be drain related too but harmless. If you are worried, do go in and see your Doc. We like to be reassured.
Anne Marie M.
on 7/5/04 11:25 am - Decatur, GA
I second everyone. I too had intense pain on my left side, required an extra 2 nights on pain meds. My pain diminished more each day and now only rears it's ugly head on few occasions and then goes away. It should get better. I think they do alot on the left side. If after a few more days, your pain in the same intensity, call your DR. Take care. Anne Marie 10 days post
M T.
on 7/8/04 2:44 pm - O'Fallon, MO
Your normal! I had lap rny on June 29th and still am so tender on the left side.. It's getting better. I can actually stand up straight almost and that is a big deal. I can get up from sitting and not whimper wich is good also. The pain meds did NOTHING for that pain, it was horrible.. I am now able to sleep laying in my bed.. but it is still sore and it hurts I just move around until it is not so bad and I fall asleep.. GL!! ~Trish~ 270/259
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views