6 days post op

Kris B.
on 7/3/04 3:18 pm - St. Paul,, MN
I am 6 days post op and feeling great. hardly any pain and I am drinking my fluids. Only problem is, is that I get get my bowels to firm up. Any ideas or as I have been reading this is pretty normal until I get on to pureed foods.
Cheryl K.
on 7/3/04 3:44 pm - Waco, TX
Well, I am 12 days out and yesterday I had an almost firm bm. I think this is just something that we go through untill we add firmer foods. Cheryl K.
Kris B.
on 7/4/04 5:23 am - St. Paul,, MN
Thanks, I needed that message, at least I know that in time when I pass gas I don't have to be in the bathroom. It is tough running up 13 stairs each time. But I look on the brighter side, at least I am getting my exercise. Thanks again. kris
Robin E.
on 7/3/04 9:39 pm - Plainfield, CT
Am I the one exception to the runz rule? I was constipated for a week. That first bowel movement was horrible. Been ok since, but it seems everyone else experiences the opposite problem. Leave it to me to screw that one up, lol. Anyway, I'd rather have had loose than not able to go, it was painful. Robin
dawn davis
on 7/4/04 5:53 am - cumming, ga
I'm only 2 weeks post op and I'm feeling great too.. Today we went out for luch at a mexican rest. and I ordered the chicken soup and had them put it in the blender It was so fantastic (looked a little yucky but,) tasted great! I could only eat about 1/2 cup but it was wonderful to be able to sit with my friends and have lunch. After about a week my bowels started firming things up. I'm able to eat scrambled eggs with low fat melted cheese on them and salsa woo hoo 3 ounces but the cheese make every thing back to normal-- ouch! Dawn Davis ******* GA 6/18/04 L-RNY 340/315 -25 LBS Dr. Macik-Atlanta, GA
Angela M.
on 7/4/04 11:16 pm - Puyallup, Wa
I am so glad you posted this message, I too am having this problem. I thought maybe it was the medications. I started modified liquid on Friday and I was hoping it wasn't anything I was eating. I don't feel like it's dumping because the food usually feels good. So I wasn't sure what the problem was. The doctor gave me a stool softener to help because they said the pain medication could cause constipation, so my husband made me take some a few days ago, right when the gas started passing. He thought this would help. I think this made it worse. I'll be glad when I can go on to soft foods. Something normal to eat. I'm sick of cream of rice, applesauce and broth. I can't wait to have an egg!! Take care Angela
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views