ok, I'm home, now what?

kr1sta1ynn
on 7/3/04 10:52 am - wichita, ks
I'm finally home. Surgery was Tuesday, went well according to the surgery staff. Had a bit of a delay getting out of SICU and to my private room. So, I'm just a couple of days behind on the R&R. My walk is very monster like, I have the shuffle mastered for sure. Not sure how I'll ever sleep in my own bed. Have a comfy overstuffed chair and am eyeing it longing. Hopefully each day will be a little better then the last. I'm having a hard time remembering what normal felt like????
bubbleboo K.
on 7/3/04 2:20 pm - anywhere, OK
Congrats! I slept on the couch for 2 weeks, no way could I lay flat and even now 3 weeks out I cannot lay on my tummy without discomfort. Everyday will get better. I am able to do pretty much what I did before minus lifting anything over 20 lbs. You will be walking without the shuffle soon enough. Good luck.
Robin E.
on 7/3/04 9:42 pm - Plainfield, CT
Krista, within 2 weeks you will find a new normal that surpasses your old one. Yesterday was my 10th day post op and like soneone snapped their fingers, I felt fantastic. The energy kicked in, the pain disappeared and I was so excited! Good luck to you and have patience with yourself, you just put your body thru alot, it will forgive you soon. Robin
dawn davis
on 7/4/04 6:04 am - cumming, ga
I had mine done lap 6/18/04 and was able to sleep in my own bed the first night home. I only sleep on my side so what I did is get a small hand towel and folded it up and made it like a wedge and put it under my tummy to kind of hold it up so it wouldn't hang down and with the pain meds I was able to sleep pretty comfortably except when I had to turn over Yeowzzza. After about 4 days I was pretty much back to normal and you will be too. I also had the "baby belly blues" the 4th night I think it was hormones and the big change of not being able to eat. But it only happend that once then I moved on I keep thinking of the positive things to come. Dawn Davis ******* GA 6/18/04 L-RNY 340/315 -25 LBS Dr. Macik-Atlanta, GA
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views