I'm Home.

Kori
on 7/3/04 10:19 am - Westminster, CO
I am home and in a lot of pain, can't move much. deep breats hurt. is this all normal?? also anyone found blue sf jello?? lemme know.. Korianne
kr1sta1ynn
on 7/3/04 10:42 am - wichita, ks
So glad you are home. My surgery was 6/29 and I just got home today. I've not found anything that I'm really fond of. The sweet stuff is just too sweet and the broth just gives me gas. I'm stiff like you and really not moving around too much. Hope this is normal...everyone else just bounced back. I'm beginning to know I'm not a bouncer. Welcome home!
bubbleboo K.
on 7/3/04 2:23 pm - anywhere, OK
Congrats! The first week is the toughest, but it does get better quickly. As for food just get in what you can. I didn't find anything appealing at first, but did manage to get down broth. At first I dealt with a lot of head hunger, but now at 3 weeks out I am finding that I just am not interested in food like I was. Funny thing though, I have been watching the food network alot. I think I'm getting full just seeing the food.lol. Good luck.
Robin E.
on 7/3/04 9:37 pm - Plainfield, CT
Welcome home Korianne! I am 11 days post op and feel terrific, yesterday was a huge turning point for me. Suddenly, I had no pain at all! I mowed the grass (riding mower of course), went for a walk, trimmed bushes. I was so excited. Everyday will be a new milestone for you. I didn't have problems with anything except the flavorless protein powder, YUCK. One thing that helped my tastebuds, I bought low sodium chicken flavored bullion, added just a little to my bland ff low sodium chicken broth by College Inn, it added a great aroma and stronger flavor, I devoured it Try to walk as much as possible, even just around the room, it keeps the gas pains moving around. I had lap and the awful gases settled in my back, those pains were much worse than the incision pains. Best of luck to you, and please keep in touch Robin
Kori
on 7/3/04 11:56 pm - Westminster, CO
I am having back pain as well. By biggest worrie now is blood clots. I have a history of pulmanary embolism. I am just trying to keep moving as much as possible..and crossing my fingers..Korianne
Robin E.
on 7/4/04 1:09 am - Plainfield, CT
moving is the best thing for you, did they also give you heparin in the hospital? You are in my thoughts and I know in a few days you will be posting how much better you're feeling. Keep in touch Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views