feeling dicouraged

bubbleboo K.
on 7/3/04 5:32 am - anywhere, OK
I am feeling a little bit discouraged today. I have been on plateau for 8 days. I know that it is just my body getting use to the surgery and all, but it is still hard. I had surgery on June 11 and lost 16 lbs. in the first two weeks. I'm just afraid that I will be a slow loser. I have been hovering around the same weight, down a pound, up a pound. On top of this my insicion is infected, I am on keflex and have to hot pack it three times a day. I am hoping that it heals real fast. I was surprised by the infection as it was healing nicely, then all of a sudden a little hole appears and puss oozes out. I'm just really being a baby I guess about the weight issue, I mean I know that I will lose, I have to on the amount of food I'm eating. I just wi**** would come off a bit faster.
(deactivated member)
on 7/3/04 7:31 am - SC
All I can say is try to pour down the protein. They have protein drinks in choc, vanilla, and also kool-aid type drinks. Depends on what you will tolerate. The more you can boost your system, the better off you will be! Good luck! I am sure this will all pass, give yourself time. Marsha
terrycoles
on 7/4/04 7:45 am - Corpus Christi, TX
Hi again, I had my 2 week follow up with my surgeon last week and they told me to STOP weighing myself everyday. I was like you constantly on the scale and it was getting depressing. They said to start measuring the inches lost instead of worrying about the scale. And I too had one incision that opened and oozed pus one day then seemed to close again. Today my husband made me take a few pics with the digital camera and compared the before and after on the computer. And I had to admit I could see my double chin gone, and could see that I am smaller around the mid-section and butt. So you might try that. Before the surgery the PA in my surgeon's office mentioned depression. He said we get all excited about the surgery, then it happens and it's over.....and now what? Here we are eating less, feeling like we should be thin but we're still fat. But let's face it......we can't NOT lose weight with as little as we're eating. We know that! It was good to read your posting to find out I'm not the only one feeling like I'm not losing fast enough. But I do know I've never lost that much that fast. Let's be patient and time will go by fast and before we know it we'll be complaining that nothing in the closet fits anymore. Email me if you'd like and we'll chat some more. Terry
Nicole Q.
on 7/8/04 4:46 am - Copperton, UT
Hi, I also had my surgery 6/11 and have plateaued twice. I have now lost 29 lbs and feel great. Hang in there! You will start losing again. Once your incision heals, try swimming. This helped me a lot. Nicole
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views