June 29th surgery went great...Home now

caliangel76
on 7/2/04 8:24 pm - San Diego, CA
Well, surgery was a success...Funny thing was, taking out the JP drain was the most painful thing I have ever gone through in my life...Thank God that its over, and I am home...Ver weird feeling when you KNOW that you should be hungry, but you dont "feel" it...Never had to tell myself to eat before...Used to be the opposite... Thanks for all the kind words and support...I will update my profile
sharons_ma
on 7/3/04 3:21 am - Boston, MA
Hey Jillyan! Welcome to the twilight zone... um... I mean Losing Zone. I know exactly what you mean. Prior to surgery Me = Constant Hunger. Now not a grumble, growl, yen or craving. I love it!! Sounds like you are feeling well. Keep it up. and have a very happy 4th of July! Celebrate with Red, White and Blue sugar free popcicles! - Sharon
LJWix95
on 7/3/04 8:22 am - Northglenn, Co
Jillyan, I know what you mean about that darn drain. I asked if it was going to hurt and was told "You'll feel a tugging sensation but pain should be minimal." Minimal my big behind!!! It felt like it wasn't going to end. Thank God you are home and well. The support on this site is amazing. You will do well. Lupe
patricia H.
on 7/3/04 4:21 pm - chicago, IL
Hi, my name is pat and I read your letter saying something about a JP Drain, I go in for my surgery, Friday July 9th. I am scared and now would like to know about the drain they pull out and from where and how long did it stay in? Did you have open surgery, I am. How long were you in the hospital? Can you e-mail me for I have trouble finding this section some times, [email protected], any thing you can tell me will help. How is the food part. what are you eating now is what I mean, what did you do the week you were home Any info would help. Thanks, Patty
patricia H.
on 7/3/04 4:21 pm - chicago, IL
Hi, my name is pat and I read your letter saying something about a JP Drain, I go in for my surgery, Friday July 9th. I am scared and now would like to know about the drain they pull out and from where and how long did it stay in? Did you have open surgery, I am. How long were you in the hospital? Can you e-mail me for I have trouble finding this section some times, [email protected], any thing you can tell me will help. How is the food part. what are you eating now is what I mean, what did you do the week you were home Any info would help. Thanks, Patty
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views