Thanks for the support

Vera S.
on 7/2/04 9:43 am - Holbrook, NY
First of all I want to Thank everyone who sent their well wishes and prayers for my safe passage through surgery and speedy recovery! I had an Adjustable Gastric Lapband on Wednesday, June 30th, 2004. While I was in recovery, They found out I sleep apnea, thats when you stop breathing when you fall asleep. That scared me a bit, but they put me in ICU for 2 days. I was, and still am sore in my stomach area. I feel like someone punched the heck out of my gut. I'm still swollen and bloated, so hopefully the soreness will subside . Thank God for the bari-buddy bear my surgeon gave me. I'ts stuffed very firm and helps when I have to cough, so I dont rip my staples out. All the nurses kept wishing me good luck, but what one nurse said as I was leaving to go home touched me and made me cry. Best Wishes on the start of your new life ahead of you. I stopped and thought, You know this is the start of my new life. I won't lie to you, I'm still a little nervous even though I already lost 17lbs. (14 from pre-op diet and 3 since the surgery.) I'm just going to take this one day at a time and pray that I will get through this successfully. I beileve the power of prayer is very strong, and if you believe, really believe, miracles can happen . THANKS EVERYONE!
Sarah G.
on 7/3/04 12:44 am - Rochester, NY
Welcome over to the losing side and I, too, wish you best wishes on the start of your new life. Good luck with the sleep apnea and hope that it goes away with weight loss. Sarah G LapRNY 6/22/04 295/278/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views