Hello and "I'm Home"

sharons_ma
on 7/2/04 2:44 am - Boston, MA
Hi folks! I just wanted to check in and let you all know that I'm home after a successful surgery on Monday, 6/28. Things were smooth sailing according to the surgical staff. I'm sore, but that's to be expected. I'm geting my fluids in, I'm walking and moving. Every day I feel better. Thank you all for your support! - Sharon
(deactivated member)
on 7/2/04 11:33 am - SC
Me too! I am in a motel for the weekend. Just wanted to let you know I am walking a bit. Tired and sore as well. I just feel like a fat chick that has had surgery. It has not hit me yet that I will actually lose weight! Good luck! Marsha
sharons_ma
on 7/2/04 11:38 am - Boston, MA
LOL! I can tell you that you'll feel tons better tomorrow. Each day is a huge improvement. I bet you'll be surprised when you go for your follow up appointment. You'll see that you will lose weight! How are you tolerating the liquid diet? I had issues in the beginning. I found that if I freeze my SF Carnation Instant Breakfast, I can drink it all. Ever day after surgery is a mystery. I'm hoping tomorrow I can bend a bit better. Take care of you! - Sharon
B.J.
on 7/3/04 9:58 am - Rehoboth Beach, DE
Hi everyone, I've been home two days since my surgery on Tuesday. Aside from the forty-thousand bruises from IVs and blood draws, I look and feel fine, much better than I expected. I'm having a hard time getting all the water and protein in, I have been very tired today and I know I must be vigilant with the protein. I am up and walking around, a bit stiff at first but the more I move the better I'm feeling. I am loving reading the posts from you June folks who are 2-3 weeks out and have lost so much weight already -- gives me something to be optimistic about! -BJ in Annapolis, MD
Cecilia W.
on 7/3/04 3:30 pm - Nashua, NH
Hi everyone. I am Celia, from Nashua, NH, so that makes us almost neighbors Sharon!! I had my surgery on 6/14, and you are right, every day is a bit better. I was released on Friday, the 18th, and when I first came home from the hospital, I was pretty sore, and rested a lot. My husband was home with me for the weekend, and on Monday I was home alone. I didn't think it would bother me, but I started getting massively depressed, and everything made me cry. I had people stay with me for a few days, so by the time they went home, I was finally feeling a lot better. When I went to my doctor mid week 2, I mentioned being really tired and weak, and he told me I HAD to get 60gms of protein in every day so I would heal quicker and feel better. Since I was only getting in about 10 a day, I have been trying really hard to get the protein down. It is tough sometimes, because some of the protein powders are a bit hard to like, and I eat too little to get it from food, but I have been doing a lot better. I know how important it is, but I am thankful that I am going to the next stage soon, and I can have something besides cream of wheat and protein shakes!! haha I don't often feel hungry, but since I need to eat, I think it will nice to have a bit of variety now. Anyway, I think I have lost about 20 lbs, but I am trying to stay off of the scales as much as possible, and I will know more when I go for my 1 month checkup on 7/16. Anyway, here I am rambling away, instead of saying what I meant to say, which is congratulations and good luck!! If you ever need to talk, feel free to e-mail me. Hugs, Celia
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views