For those who had surgery on June 1

Julie S.
on 7/1/04 2:19 pm - Littleton, CO
It's been one month now! How is it going with everyone? I have lost 25 lbs and feel good. I am almost on the full bariatric diet (target date July 4). Check in and let us know how the first month went!
s S.
on 7/2/04 4:45 am - latham, NY
hi, i have had my surgery on june first. starting weight 267, as of this morning i weight 230. so thats a total loss of 37 lbs. everyday is a better day. i had a open rny. my incision is fully healed. but a couple days ago i noticed that it feels like a little thin rope when i put my fingers on the incisons. it had somehow poped up a bit and its a little sore too. anyone else experiencing the same thing???? i also have good and bad days with food but not really worried about that. i have had days where i was able to eat and thats when i really lost pounds. and then there are days where i cant really tolerate anythng except skim milk and water. doing very well with my water intake. about 70oz a day. are you doing protein yet??? I NEED some advice about protein. i saw my dietiotion about couple weeks ago..and asked her about protein intake. she said i dont need to worry about that for another couple of months or so.. but here on the board.. i see posts from ppl who are already onto taking 64 oz of protein. what should i do????? thanks ss
(deactivated member)
on 7/2/04 10:50 pm - Middleboro, MA
Hi Julie, I'm one of those June 1str's.. I have lost 35 lbs. but having a lot of trouble getting in my protein.. I have just ordered some unflavored protein on-line to try. I hope it works.. I am on soft foods, thank goodness.. I can't tolerate those protein drinks, they made me ill !! I can tell I need the protein though, cuz I'm getting weak, and I don't have any strength..
Robin E.
on 7/3/04 5:37 am - Plainfield, CT
Hi June firsters, congrats on all your successes, my surgery was the 23rd, doing alot better than I thought I would be. I do have some good news re: protein shakes, my Dr. had this new brand at the office when I went in for my 1 week appointment. It is fantastic and comes with recipes to make it even better. It's Gourmet Protein Power by PermaLean. Has 20 grams of protein and NO powdery taste. I tried the flavorless powder by All the right whey, it was disgusting and I gagged everytime I tried to drink it. Some of the recipes for this are making it into a pudding, talk about delicious! I don't know where this can be bought, I hope my Dr. keeps selling it at his office. It's the one for me. Keep up the good work! And by the way, is there another place where all us June'rs can keep in touch or do we keep going to the surgery date message board for 06/04? Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views