been MIA but I'm back

Tasha M.
on 7/1/04 1:37 pm - Colonial Heights, va
Hey guys! Sorry I have not had time to post lately. I have been reading the updates as they hit my inbox but have not made it to the website in awhile. We are in the process of buying a house which has kept me super busy. Plus my mom is here from CA helping me with the kids and I have to share the computer with her. ;) I'm one month out now and I've lost 35 pounds. WooHoo. I'm finally seeing it in the mirror too which is exciting. I can't eat more than a few bites and I'm full and I'm so worried about getting all my protein in. The shakes have started to make me ill. I've heard talk of protein drinks that are more like juice. Can anyone tell me more about this? I'd love to hear from all those who had their surgery around the same time as me. How much have you lost? What are you eating? How are you getting your protein? hugs, Tasha
Trier S.
on 7/1/04 1:56 pm - Bakersfield, CA
Hi Tasha, At Vitalady.com (and numerous other places) there is a brand of protein called Nectar. There is a lemonade, fuzzy navel, carribean cooler, etc. They are 90 calories, no sugar, no carbs, no fat, etc. and mix great with water. They are not the absolute best tasting thing in the world, but they sure do break up the monotony of the chocolate, vanilla, strawberry mess. They actually taste great when mixed with Crystal Light (I use the Raspberry Ice) - if Crystal Light is okay with your surgeon. Take care, Trier
j610g
on 7/1/04 1:56 pm - Dunkerton, IA
Hi Tasha, I also had surgery on June 2, 2004. I was 242 when I first went to see the doctor for the first visit, I lost a little waiting for surgery. I was 225 going in and now am 197 and have been on a platue for a whole week. I am trying to remember that my body needs to reset so it can go to the next level, but sometimes it is difficult. As far as eating I am still on pureed foods. My doctor has us do two weeks of clear liquids before surgery and 2 weeks clear liquids after, then we get 4 weeks of pureed (yogert, cottage cheese, soft eggs, baby food, protein shakes and so on). I have been just fine with anything I have eaten, no dumping. I do struggle with getting in the amount of fluids required, however. I just don't drink enough. I am working on that though. To get enough protein I try to drink 2 shakes a day (each has 20g of protein), then I only have to get another 20g in through food. There is a protein dring by Snapple that has 7g of protein (can also count as liquid), and one from Boost (also 7g protein) these might help, as you can count them in as the liquid intake and they have more protein than water or juice. Good luck with everything! TTFN Jackie G
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views