I am home! Very emotional.

Anne Marie M.
on 7/1/04 8:51 am - Decatur, GA
Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone for their precious thoughts and prayers. I had a minor "complication" if you will that caused me to return the hospital the same night I was discharged. Nothing major, just unexplained pain and a little lump. A cat scan and several bags of pain meds and antibiotics later and I was sent home in 3 three days. I am feeling much better, just not as good as I expected. Everyday gets better. I ate watered down grits today. You know, I am a southern girl. It tasted like a fine 5 star meal. I am very emotional and cry everyday for no apparent reason. Does anyone else feel this way? I feel like a basket case. It's not over food, just fear of the future I guess. Any thoughts? Again thanks, Becky, you are the best!!!
Becky F
on 7/1/04 9:12 am - Woodstock, GA
Anne Marie, I am so glad you are home!!! You have been on my heart and in my prayers! I think it is very normal to be emotional. I tend to be a hypochandriac, so I have researched through every "symptom" so far. Every time I have a pain, my truly very sweet hubby now says "It's probably just a blood clot." Jerk! I also think it is normal to question your decision. I have. We want to live; that's the reason we had the surgery in the first place. As you gain your strength, you WILL feel better about your decision!!! I actually called the surgeon's office yesterday to see if I could ride a roller coaster at six weeks. BTW, you DEFINITELY can't!!! Point: Take it easy!!! Love!!! Becky
dawn davis
on 7/2/04 9:11 am - cumming, ga
I call it the baby belly blues. On my 4th day after the surgery I started crying, for no real reason wondering if everything would be OK and if I would ever be able to eat again. I have had No complications as of yet and have no problem eating or drinking fluids. I have a little pain in my knee area and I'm paranoid that it may be a blood clot then i did some research and i have none of the symptoms of it being a blood clot. it is probably due to me exercising on my "Gazelle" but, if you feel like crying cry then go take a shower water makes you feel so much better remember our hormones are all screwed up because of rapid weight loss. I'm going to go tread some water in my friends pool later on tonight. WOOHOO I'm 2 weeks out and I have lost 23 lbs. Dawn
Cecilia W.
on 7/5/04 11:39 am - Nashua, NH
Hi Anne Marie. I had my surgery on 6/14, and I had the same problem when I got home. I was ok for the first few days at home, but Sunday afternoon I realized that my husband would be going to work the next day, and I would be alone. The next day, for some reason, the depression hit me. I cried when I talked to anyone on the phone, in person, or if I was just sitting here alone. I made arrangements to have someone with me for the next few days, and hopefully tomorrow, when I am home alone again, things will be much better. Congratulations on your surgery, and hang in there. Cecilia
Kori
on 7/6/04 3:14 am - Westminster, CO
I am 6 days Post op and still have this stupid drain in me...I am also very emotional. I have 8 year old twins and a 3 year old son. I think they think I am losing my mind. My husband has been amazing thru all of this. I spent 8 hours in the ER last night and I hate that place. I Do in fact have a blood cloot in my arm. Having history, I said something to the nurse on saturday in the hospital and she gave me something for the anxiety. Whatta dumb broad huh. I honestly beleive that we know our own bodies best. . . Every day will get better for ya, hun. if you are feeling blue, log on and we will be here. I thank the stars everyday for everyone here.. Chin up girlfriend.. Korianne~ 6 days post op.. down a total of 20 lbs... 305/285/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views