10 days out why am I feeling hunger pains?

dawn davis
on 6/28/04 3:00 pm - cumming, ga
I'm only 10 days out and I'm having hunger pains and feel kinda sick to my stomach. I see the Dr. in the am and I hope getting some protein on stage 2 of the diet plan I hope this will help shake this off. When I start feeling queasy I go get some 1% milk with some protein and it helps ward off the hunger. Did this happen to you? Dawn Davis
s S.
on 6/28/04 3:14 pm - latham, NY
dont worry, once u can start eating and start getting sick, u will kinda stay away from food. i thought i was so hungry that i will eat a horse when the time comes for me to be able to eat solid foods. every time i do that, i get so sick that i am better off now. i had my surgery june 1st. starting weight 267. now i am down to 231. 36 pounds in 28 days. u cant beat that. dont worry. it will all work out. luv ss
Tracy U.
on 6/29/04 12:28 am - South Setauket, NY
Hi Dawn. I am post op 7 days and I have been learning to eat again. I have been eating a scrambled egg with cheese, deli turkey, shrimp, miso soup, mashed potatoes, yogurt, fudge pops, bananas, ice pops, etc., and haven't gotten sick yet. I eat just enough until I feel full and then I stop. I did find that before I was eating the hunger pains were actually my body wanting water, so try that. Talk to your doctor about eating asap, but don't eat until you get sick, learn to eat until it's "ENOUGH". Good luck Tracy
Tina W.
on 6/29/04 10:37 pm - Lake City, PA
Hi Dawn, I had my surgery on June 18th and I have also been having hunger pains. Well, maybe they aren't hunger pains -- just missing food? I found that I got really hungry when the rest of the family was eating steak that they cooked on the grill and I was surrounded by the wonderful smells. I decided that I should go for a wal****il they were finished. That helped some, but also made me realize that I need to time my eating better. I had already finished my meal before they ate, so I was left to watch them. I think that's where my problem came in. If you cried, don't feel alone. During my walk I cried and didn't understand how I could possibly be hungry when I have barely any stomach left. Then I realized that it probably isn't true hunger, just head hunger combined with the smell of the food cooking. I have since changed my timing of meals and don't let too long (3-4 hours) go between a "meal". I also have a popsicle in between lunch and dinner or later in the evening and count it towards the liquids for the day. I hope it gets better for you. Tina
Cecilia W.
on 6/30/04 2:28 pm - Nashua, NH
Hi Dawn. I felt like that too, during my first few days out of the hospital. When I went to see the doctor, I found that my problem was that I am supposed to be getting in 60 grams of protein each day, but then I was only getting in probably 10 or less. It is pretty tough to get enough protein from the small amount of food I am on. I am still on mostly liquids, so I have to take the protein powder drinks in order to get even close to the 60 gms. They aren't the best tasting thing I have ever had, but I am learning to deal with it. I am also constantly on the lookout for a different drink that tastes somewhat better. I have ordered a few samples online, so hopefully one of them will be good. I am not supposed to go to the next stage of the diet until next week, but tonight I had some cottage cheese with my yogurt, and it went just fine. It was nice to have something to sort of chew on, even though it wasn't much. haha I stay on the next stage of meals for 3 weeks, and I start introducing a few new items, like the cottage cheese, scrambled egg, fish, finely chopped chicken or turkey, and a few other items. So far, I haven't gotten sick from anything, but will see after I start adding items. Good luck, and please fele free to send me an e-mail if you want to talk. Hugs, Celia
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views