Just Quit!

Rich B.
on 6/26/04 1:28 pm - Springfield, MO
Hi Friends, Just a note to say I quit smoking 12 days ago. Love the feeling of not being hooked on cigars and food. 90lbs lighter and smoke free, whoopee! saving $150.00 a month on smokes too!WIfe loves it too!
Sheryl H.
on 6/28/04 5:58 am - The Real Heart of Texas, TX
My dear Rich..I am sooooooooooo very proud of you. My husband smokes cigars and I cannot stand to be in his company since open RNY June 22. His teeth are green and brown and his mustach, hair and clothes reek of foul cigar smoke.He lost an election and lost 3/4ths of our income due to his cigar smoking and the time it took him outside of the non-smoking courthouse. Our house is on the National Register of Historic Places and it is trashed out now due to his cigar smoking for 17 years there. I am here at my parents trying to get over this first week hump but I dread when he comes over since he smokes in his car too and leaves a path of foul smell thoughout their house. Needless to say I have not been in close quarters with him in 3 years. He sleeps on the first floor and I the 2nd...sometimes even the 3rd floor. He drinks scotch too which I cannot stand the smell of ....I wish you all the continued success in this addiction such as food is to me, and want you to to continue to take lots of deep breaths...Maybe breath through a straw has been known to help smokers quit. I called 1-800-4 cancer and got their stop smoking packet and it helped me stop when I smoked cigs for about a year.. They even call you to check up on you ever so often to see how you are doing. God Bless you..Sheryl H
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views