My back hurts.

ejarbaby
on 6/25/04 10:36 am - Omaha, NE
I guess if this is the worst post op thing that happens, then I am ok. My back is killing me. I blame it on the hospital beds. Now it feels like my stomach weighs more than my whole body and it takes tremendous energy to carry it. It kinda feels like I am pregnant. Does anyone have any suggestions? I sleep with a couple of pillows, half the night in my bed and the other half in my recliner. Will this just go away?
j610g
on 6/25/04 1:53 pm - Dunkerton, IA
Cathy, I had the same problem as you. My back hurt so bad, and the pain from surgery was almost non-existant. I slept in my recliner for the first couple days, then I started out in bed but ended up in the recliner at about 2 or 3 in the morning. I am 3 1/2 weeks out and now sleep full time in bed and have started to lay in my side for a couple of hours at a time. This is huge for me as I am a side and tummy sleeper. (I haven't even tried my tummy yet). Sleep will get better with time. TTFN Jackie G
Trier S.
on 6/26/04 11:38 am - Bakersfield, CA
Cathy, My back hurt like crazy my first couple of nights home. Unfortunately, I do not have a recliner, so I propped myself up in bed. Walking seemed to really help my back. The more I walked the less my back seemed to hurt. Good luck! Trier
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views