Monday surgery...I'm terrified!!!

baynester
on 6/24/04 7:01 pm - Pensacola, FL
I dont' know if any of your caught my post the other night. I had a HUGE response. I'm very thankful for all the kind posts and responses everyone left me after such a rude person tried to scare me out of the surgery!! Well, it worked and I'm still nervous. My heart has been beating so hard this evening. I took some ativan to calm down and I fell asleep. Now I'm up and can't sleep. Just wanted to say hi and ask for prayers for me when I go in. Thank you.
Haze K.
on 6/25/04 5:49 am - Las Vegas, NV
It is OK to be concerned appropriately...this IS a big deal! It is NOT ok to be scared to death! You have studied about what you are doing, you have cleared all your preop testing, you have met your surgeon and are comfortable with his/her level of skill and caring, and you are NOT alone! There is a whole world filled with us email postops who have been where you are...and we'll be here for you postop! When people try to scare us out of surgery there are several reasons: one, they worry about our health because it is a major surgery. two, they worry we might change and "outgrow" them three, they are ignorate about the facts about the surgery, etc.l four, they are hateful skinny witches who don't want you to succeed. and more reasons.... You asked for prayers...and will get some. Would your clergy give you a special prayer or blessing before surgery? I had a blessing the night before surgery...and slept peacefully. Then, I had prayer with my spouse and friends in the preop unit, right before being wheeled into the OR. I was so relaxed and felt so safe! "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." Phillipians Hugs Haze RNY 6/10/04
Kassy H.
on 6/25/04 7:44 am - Coffeyville, KS
Angelene, Hi I will be praying for you! I will be 25 July 4th and had my surgery two years ago June 21st so i was only 22 when I had It and was very terrified! Now i have lost 220lbs. and would have the surgery over every year for the rest of my life if it took it to have the kind of life I get to have know! And I mean that! Just thank about Christmas time and how much wight you will have lost by then. And then in one year when you come back and thank of this you will know what I mean! Two weeks ago Wed. I want and had a tummy tuck and a arm lift. They took 10 more lbs off my tummy and a pound of skin off each arm! For a total loss of 232 this surgery was a gift from God. I now It will be for you too! I will Pray for you Monday all day!! God Bless, Kassy [email protected] 620-515-9209 call if you want
sharons_ma
on 6/25/04 9:26 am - Boston, MA
Angelene - I'm pulling for you!! I'm sure you'll do fine. I'm right there with you, by the way. I got a call today, they moved my surgery up to Monday at 7am. I highly doubt I'll be sleeping Sunday night. If you need to chat that night, I'll probably be online in the chat room. :D - Sharon
Kori
on 6/25/04 11:20 am - Westminster, CO
Good luck, I am just behind you guys on wednesday the 30th, You are in my thoughts. Korianne
dcox94
on 6/25/04 12:33 pm - North Wilmington, DE
Angelene, You will do just fine. I was upset much like you. When the day came I kept the best poker face for my husband. I think if he knew I was really nervous he might have stopped it. I had my surgery on Monday 21 June. I am doing well. I had a good doctor and very good care at PA Hospital. They only kept me three days. Not bad huh! I have been home since Wednesday and trying to get myself in the groove. Today is the first day I felt like communicating (narcotics and I don't mix well). The big hurdle is done. You will still have other hurdles to cross over but you will find the way. Help from everyone here on this site is a start! Relax and think what it will be like to be a loser. I will be rooting for you!
Debbie K.
on 6/25/04 12:38 pm - Beech Island, SC
Hey honey, I know how you feel. I had my surgery 6/1/04 & was scared to death. To make a long story short..................it went so well, that I almost doubted that I had actually had it done. I had many people praying for me & I know that's what brought me comfort. You'll be fine & it'll be over before you know it. Can't wait to read your posts after you get home. Count me in on your prayer team. Take deep breaths, try to relax (easy to say, huh?). I promise you'll do great & all will be good. Debbie
Angela M.
on 6/25/04 4:27 pm - Puyallup, Wa
I know how you feel, my surgery is on Tuesday the 29th. I am also scared. I just want it to be done, I want it to be next Friday so I will be done and know that I survived the surgery. I can handle the rest. Good luck to you and my prayers are with you. God bless.
LuJean L.
on 6/27/04 9:47 am - Boise, ID
Hi I have my suergery TUE..We will make it..Do not worry...This is my time..No one understands like we do how it is to live in our soul..I understand...You have come this far and you are the only one who can understand why you are doing this...I believe I understand...I know why I am doing this...I want you to read somthing that made you come this far...Have your read the thin person inside of you...It is great read. I love it.. Go for your dream God bless you....Sleep like a baby tonight for tomorrow your dreams will begin..cc mail me anytime. You are going to be great Angelene. My prayes are with you...I will be their on Tue June 29th...LOL my new friend....Keep in touch...Iam on liques as we speek...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views