I'm HOME/update

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/04 11:27 am - Bronx, NY
Hello Every1!! Thanks for all the continuous support, especially from my 3 angels! Thanks Alice for the phone call it made me feel better. Marilyn sorry I did not get to call you back, became overwhelmed, but I do appreciate your thoughts and concerns BIG TIME,and I hope you continue them. Renee H thanks for the visits, and turning my tv and phone on, your truly like a BIG sis to me, and definately my partna in crime! To the MONTE CREW lol Yvonne, and Amy OMG they had me in tears and laughter, and it was hard not to laugh because my stitches and trying to get better from just having surgery on monday. Thanks to them I made it, because the laughter was good for the soul. I want to thank Yvonne big time, she is truly a Angel and very helpful and caring. She was in bad condition but still maintained to do her nightly rounds like she was one of the nurses there , she checked on me every night before I went to bed, gave me blankets when needed, and made me feel better. She is truly a good person! I pray she gets out soon, and starts her recovery process as well. Jackie I hope she gets well soon, she was my room mate the first day and it was comforting to have her rooming with me, please pray for a quick recovery for her as well. She is only getting 1 oz in. One thing I must say, I went the hell off on the nurse last night, because they are mean, cruel, and just plain stupid! Times have definately changed and the nurses and staff were not helpful at all, and made my stay very miserable. Yvonne had to calm me down, because I was going to go postal up in there. Today I am home, I feel soar, and I have ALLOT of gas. I drank water and it made me feel bloated and gassy is this normal, and has anyone gone through this? The gas part has really taking a toll on me, because it makes me feel horrible and uncomfortable. Anyhow I want to thank all of you, for your kind words, and please continue the support because my journey just started. I will be home for 1 month, so I will be here often. To everyone having upcoming surgery I pray for a speedy recovery and I hope you do well.
jeanann
on 6/25/04 10:09 am - Emory, TX
Angelene~ Glad to hear you are home & recovering! I'm thankful to be home, too!!!! I know what you mean about feeling bloated whenever you drink. I do, too. Another weird thing, I don't know when I' m full yet. I guess cause I feel bloated all the time. I just don't want to be overeating. Otherwise, everything's great with me. I feel a lil stronger every day. Jean Ann
ejarbaby
on 6/25/04 10:24 am - Omaha, NE
hey babe glad to hear you're well. My nurses were all wonderful. Sorry to here yours sucked. My surgery went well too. It's much better to be home to recoup. The hospital beds are horrible!!!! I can sleep alot better in my own bed. I also can't help but weigh myself all the time. Since last Fiday night when I had started my full liquid diet I have lost 10 pounds. I think it's about 5 pre-op and 5 post-op. I hope I keep losing quickly. I'm just paranoid about not eating right. It is so hard to eat everything your supposed to. I am never really hungry. I really appreciate your thought and prayers you sent me. I was thinking of everyone who was going through the same thing I was at the same time. Kind of nice to have someone know exactly the way you are feeling at exactly the same time. Hope you recovery is speedy!!! Cathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views