June 29...8 days left & counting...

(deactivated member)
on 6/21/04 2:42 am - SC
I don't know about anyone else, but I am really stressed out. Is this normal? I feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders. I think, what if I only have 8 days left period?? I have my own business and I worry about my clients. Also, my husband and I split about 2 1/2 weeks ago. He went back to using drugs & alcohol and I had to make him leave. We have four kids and I am the only financial support. I am just totally freaking out with worry and fear. I know I just need to trust God and shut up. Please send a prayer up for me. I hope all who are looking forward are doing well. I can't wait until this is all over! Marsha
CONCRETE A.
on 6/21/04 6:50 am - NC
MY WLS IS TOMARROW JUNE 22ND AND ITS NOT ME ITS MY HUSBAND WHO IS FREAKING AND STRESSING OUT HE DRIVING ME CRAZY HE DONE CALLED ME SELFISH AND SAID IT ALL ABOUT YOU MAN DID THAT HURT I HAVE GAVE EVER OUNCE OF MY LIFE TO HIM FOR 20 YEARS AND NOW I AM ABOUT TO FACE A LIFE CHANGING SURGERY AND NOW I'M THE ONE SELFISH GO FIGER OH WELL IT WILL GET BETTER FOR AND I WILL SEND MY THAUGHTS AND PRAYERS TO YOU TAKE CARE GOD BLESS
(deactivated member)
on 6/21/04 12:18 pm - SC
Well, you gotta be selfish if you want this for yourself. It's either stay overweight and miserable with continued failing health, or get the surgery. So, I am praying for you. I hope all goes well and you have an uneventful hospital stay! See you on the other side! Good luck! Marsha
Traci A.
on 6/21/04 9:35 pm - Chillicothe, OH
Hi Marsha, You are in my prayers and just to let you know, I am in the same situation. My surgery is June 29th also and I'm so excited I can't stand myself. My husband is a nervous nelly too and I feel the same way. It's time to do something for me and make me happy for a change. You have to do what is going to make you happy or who will???? Good luck and my thoughts are with you. Traci
marypoco
on 6/22/04 2:45 am - amherst, MA
Marsha, calm down, don't let this surgery scare you too much! Yes it is a big operation, but, go with a positive attitude and say alittle prayer that all will be o.k. I'll pray to for you, I had my surgery 2 weeks ago. I wasn't nervous till the day before! I know I'm a strange one.lol but, I went with the attitude of what will be, will be.and If it were my time It was my time, with or without the surgery! Things are tough at home I know, but, I hope someone will be able to help you out alittle when you first get home. after awhile , you'll be so antsy like me right now and want to go,go, go. which is totally out of nature for me. The original couch potato!! My energy level is rising every day.. Good luck, keep positive thoughts and god will watch over you to make everything alright!!!!!! ~ Mary
(deactivated member)
on 6/22/04 1:05 pm - SC
I have got lots of help at home. My parents and sister live around me and I have a friend who is a nurse that is coming to be with me at the hospital when I have my surgery. I am destressing a bit. Got a huge load off in stress today with one of my clients. Now I am just tying up loose ends everywhere else. I have 3 more working days and on the other days I am just going to try to chill out a bit. The time is really running away from me. Surgery date is one week from tonight. So, I guess I am closer to 6 days. I am not really afraid of dying (hey, things are so bad around here that might be a good think to go on to glory!) But, I guess I am more afraid of something going wrong and messing up. I don't want to be a medical mess if you know what I mean. I am just trying to pray and not gobble my kids' heads off in the next few days! I appreciate all of the posts so much. I have casually been around the boards for about a year, but just not getting into a real communication mode with people. It is great to be able to talk to people who know where I am at. Marsha
jadenzmom
on 6/22/04 4:24 am - Akron, OH
Hey Marsha, My surgery is aslo the 29th. I have been a little anxious for weeks, but this week is worse. I keep making sure I have everything I need for after surgery. I'm a single mother and my son's 2nd birthday is this week. His party is 2 days before surgery. WHAT WAS I THINKING??!! lol I 'm just taking it one day at a time. I'm thinking of you and you are in my prayers! Ang
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views