anyone else sad about getting rid of fav. big clothes?

Anne Marie M.
on 6/20/04 1:30 am - Decatur, GA
As I prepare for surgery, my mother (who had surgery 1 year ago) is helping me go through clothing that are now too big or will be too big very soon. Even though I have always been heavy, I tried to look my best and be in good taste. Everyone says I am crazy for being sad about it. But, I am. I guess my clothing was part of my shelter from being fat. People thought well of me because I dressed well, regardless of my size. Now, I look in my closet and realize that when school starts (I teach) in August, I have 0 to wear. Nothing!!!! That terrifies me. Anyone else feel this way. I know I am in a minority on this one.
Amy H.
on 6/20/04 8:18 am - Tallahassee, FL
Well Anne Marie, I am sad about loosing some of my fat clothes...only because they are really nice. I have several suits that I want to have altered but everyone says just give them away so that you can be blessed with more. My surgery is Tuesday, 22nd, and the next size down of clothes that I have are my daughters and they are 24/26. I am in a 34 but they are huge up top. I don't have the chest that sometimes goes with the bigger body. After that I am lost. I am looking forward to shopping for new clothes! Take care, Amy
BassGirl06
on 6/20/04 8:26 am - Whitesboro, NY
Honestly, I must say that I am really looking forward to a new wardrobe. I don't really care for my clothes, no matter what I did, all I could see was the size of them... I'll be praying for you. God Bless Patti
M M.
on 6/20/04 9:59 am - Mandeville, LA
Try taking your clothes to a consignment store. A friend of mine did that with her really nice clothes and it may help give you the money to start your new wardrobe. Plus, when you do start buying, but conservative clothes that can be mixed and matched well. Take care.
MarinaS
on 6/21/04 12:35 pm - Small Town, WA
I had a whole wardrobe of professional career clothes and I took them to the YWCA as a donation and they give you a receipt for tax purposes. They give them to women re-entering the work world and plus sizes are always needed.
Aunty Emme
on 6/21/04 3:17 pm - Lower piedmont, NC
My aunt, who had this surgery in NoVa in September of 2003 brought 9 bags (lawn and leaf size) of clothes she's outgrown. I am almost 2 weeks out, and she was smaller than I was to start (she's down over 100), and we figured that at the rate I'm going (26 off so far), those smaller sizes would come in handy. Well, as we went through the clothes, figuring out what I liked and/or could use (she had probably 10 pairs of jeans, and as someone who now works in the financial industry, and is going into teaching early next year, those were really no good to me - but I took a couple), she came across some of her very favorite clothes, and begged me or my mom to please take them and give them a "good" home. That was an incredibly long story to tell you that no, you are not singular in your thoughts. I suspect there will be favorites I'll hate to give up, mainly because some of them have been with me through thick and thin (literally).
Kori
on 6/23/04 1:36 am - Westminster, CO
I am soooo nervous about being able to afford new clothes.. The consignment Idea is a good Idea. does anyone use the clothing exchange Idea thru here??
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views