YES SIREE, I'M BACK!!

Colleen J.
on 6/19/04 10:34 am - Lancaster, CA
Hey all my wonderful friends, supporters, and angels! Well! I'm home. 2 days post op and feel great (a little bit sore, a little bit tired) Everything went well...no complications, little pain, minor nausea (and that was a side-effect of the pain meds) things are going down and staying down! First day, woke up nauseous and groggy! But that is so typical for me coming out of anesthesia! I think my body enjoys the rest! Anyway, found out I probably have sleep apnea cause my blood oxygen levels kept dropping and setting off the alarms! I LITERALLY could not doze for more than 5 minutes. THAT was frustrating! Finally talked the nurse into disconnecting me for the night and slept 3 hours straight. Then up every hour, just because! Catheter was removed at 6:30 a.m. and I was on my own for that! Walked alot. The hardest thing for me was "COTTON MOUTH" and only 1 oz. of fluid or ice chips (take the ice chips) every hour! The next day they added, as my male nurse put it "colored liquids" to my diet= juice, watered down 1/2 and 1/2 with water! Everyone was so nice, and so caring and wonderful there. They allowed myhusband to stay with me the first night, and my daughter the second night. Morning nurse even brought her coffee, juice, a muffin and yogurt! I decided to stay the extra day just because I could! Figured I was better off being cared for by professionals! So, I'm on my way ........thanks again to everyone for all the prayers, well wishes etc. And special thanks to Leonard for watching over me during my stay and reporting back to OH! Love you all!!! Colleen
Kori
on 6/19/04 10:54 am - Westminster, CO
Congratulations Coleen!!!! I am so excited for you, I have surgery 06/30/04 and I cna't wait to join you on the losing side... Save me a seat, Korianne
Colleen J.
on 6/20/04 3:30 pm - Lancaster, CA
It's right around the corner Korianne...and it really was an easy surgery! I actually went to church today, which surprised everyone! I tire easily, however, in fact, I'm about to give it up for the night I'll be here waiting on the other side! We'll keep in touch! ! Colleen
CONCRETE A.
on 6/19/04 8:11 pm - NC
I RIGHT BEHIND YOU MINE JUNE 22ND LETS KEEP IN TOUCH
Colleen J.
on 6/20/04 3:36 pm - Lancaster, CA
Wow!! Just 2 more days for you! I will keep you in my prayers, and know all will be alright! You'll be up and around and feeling great in no time! Please post as soon as you are up to it! I wondered how long that would be for myself and then realized, that had I had a computer with me in the hospital the next day, I would have posted then! Keep grinnin' We're waiting for you to join the losing team! Colleen
Nancy M.
on 6/19/04 11:53 pm - Mt. Jackson, VA
So glad things went well for you. Wishing you a speedy recovery. I will be joining you on the losing side tommorrow.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views