packing for hosp. WLS on the 25th. Help?

Anne Marie M.
on 6/19/04 7:14 am - Decatur, GA
My surgery is scheduled for Friday, the 25th. I am planning my week accordingly. Getting things done that I won't be able to for a while after. Purchasing clear liquids, and antibacterials soap, lest I forget my bowel prep! Any one have sugesstions for what to bring to the hospital? Now that I am past my pre-op, I am starting to get nervous.
susan S.
on 6/19/04 8:41 am - mount pleasant, PA
CHAP STICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you'll be thankful. i know i was when someone suggested it to me. my lips were horrible. also nice loose cotton, elastic waisted shorts they were so nice while strolling the halls in that gown. also i get hot easy so they felt cool.
Barb P.
on 6/19/04 9:41 am - Smalltown, KY
Hey Anne Marie, My date is the same as yours. However, I am a procrastinator - yes sirreeeee - I do put things off. I'll probably pack about Wednesday night. I leave for Louisville on Thursday afternoon. Good luck to you girl. I'll look forward to posting here when all is said and done and putting those losing numbers up for all to see.
Becky F
on 6/19/04 12:19 pm - Woodstock, GA
If you want to wear your own pajamas in the hospital, you will need to be able to open them (buttons, snaps, etc.) from the front to get the IV through more easily. I also took my regular toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, brush). I carried a bottle of splash from Bath and Body Works. I used it to help me feel fresher and as a room deodorizer. Blessings! Becky
catly
on 6/19/04 10:36 pm - Everett, WA
Hi, My surgery is Wednesday, the 23rd and so far the only thing i've packed is my lip stuff, lol. I'm not sure what else to take. Good luck everyone! LM
donaboone
on 6/19/04 10:42 pm - Hartwell, Ga
Last night I made a list of what I needed to take. One of the things that I read on a support page was to take a cd player. This would block out the noise and divert your attention. I was also told to take baby wipes. Good luck with your surgery. Mine is the 21st. My prayers will be with you. Dona
KURT S.
on 6/20/04 3:12 am - Greencastle, IN
Hello Anne Marie! I am having my surgery on the 24th, so I know first hand your stress. My wife had her surgery in March of this year, and the chap stick would have been very helpful to her, so I have that fairly high on my list. Highest priority for me is lightweight fleece pants. I have no desire to let the entire bariatric world get a glimpse of my gluteus maximus! I am also taking some slippers that are comfy for the walking time. The last piece of attire I will have is my Cincinnati Reds baseball cap. If nothing else, it will hide some of my "party hair". I wish you the best!
memaw23
on 6/21/04 3:03 am - Abbott, TX
Good luck, my surgery is the same day, I too am nervous, I checked out the site because of pre-op jitters, at least I know I'm normal. I'll be thinking of everyone Friday morning, and I glad I checked out this board, I didn't think about the chap stick. Good Luck & God Bless.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views