Thigh pain/numbness any1?

Barb S.
on 6/19/04 6:23 am - San Antonio, TX
I had my lap RNY on June 9. Since about three days after surgery, I've been getting a sharp horizontal burning intermittent pain starting just above my knee on the outside, with some numbness going into the upper thigh. I'm thinking this might be caused by my big fat butt sitting on a nerve. The pain is worse at night and doesn't occur all the time. Has anyone else experienced this?
Brelaps
on 6/19/04 7:26 am - Baytown, TX
HI, my surgery was on 06/07 and I also have that numbness in my right thigh assuming it is my weight causing it.
Kori
on 6/19/04 7:55 am - Westminster, CO
Make sure you consult your doctor about the leg pain, numbness right away. with any surgery you risk blood clotting..so I would definately ask about it, it can be a potentially life threating thing, I speak for personal experience.. Korianne
Barb P.
on 6/19/04 9:46 am - Smalltown, KY
When I saw your post, blood clot was the first thing that came into my mind. Do have this seen about - just for your reassurance if nothing else. Blood clots are not to be waited on - ACT NOW.
Kathy B.
on 6/19/04 11:32 am - Folsom, CA
I had my lap RNY on June 2nd. I woke up in recovery with a numbness in my upper right thigh that continues around my tush. I spoke to my surgeon while I was in the hospital because at times, especially when I coughed, it caused great pain. He felt it was not blood clout related because I could move around and relieve the pain. It is still numb now but the pain is almost completely gone. I have to admit, I will poke at my thigh wondering if this poke will be the one I can feel. My best guess is that there is some nerve that was irritated or damaged during surgery. Still, to be safe, call your doctor. Kathy
Patricia O.
on 6/21/04 7:17 am - Miami, FL
I had my lap done on June 7th and my left outer thigh is numb and it hurts. of course the first thing I thought of was a blood clot but they told me that blood clot only occur in inner thighs. I see my Dr. this week and Im going to ask. I believe this is from all the shots that may have gotten a nerve.
Barb S.
on 6/28/04 1:50 am - San Antonio, TX
Hi Patricia. I asked my surgeon about it and he said it's very common. I carry most of my weight below the waist and he said that sitting around caused a nerve to become inflamed. There's nothing that can be done to alleviate the pain/numbness other than shots or time. He said it will go away within 6 months. Now that I know it's not a clot - I'm okay with it! Barb
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views