Only 3 more days...

Sherri H.
on 6/17/04 2:12 pm - Bakersfield, CA
Hi, I'm having my surgery on June 21st which is also my wedding anniversary. I am so excited. Any tips for things I may need at the hospital? Anything any of you found helpful? Thanks, Sherri
mssgrnspc1972
on 6/17/04 3:54 pm - Killeen, TX
Congratulations! I wish you a healthy and speedy recovery. My surgery is 2 days after yours. We will soon be losers. What a wonderful feeling God Bless You Tasha
Barb P.
on 6/18/04 12:11 am - Smalltown, KY
Sherri, I'm going in on the 25th. I am starting to think about packing also. I plan to take house slippers I can just slip into (no bending). They say a small fan is nice because the binders and leg stockings are hot. Since I have stopped taking my hormone til after surgery, I'm taking the fan. Also, pillows from home for comfort and for coughing. You'll need them if you have a very long trip home. Other things that others have suggested was chapstick, tongs or extended arm to assist with personal hygiene matters, usual toiletries. I've been wondering if I should take my own gowns or just plan on using the hospital ones. Someone suggested a large robe for walking in the hall. However, others said they just used 2 hospital gowns. One to wear and the other to use as a robe. I'm undecided on that matter. I'll probably take my own just in case. Good luck to you. It is going to be so nice getting this hot blubber off my body.
cfj
on 6/18/04 12:16 am - NY
best wishes for a speedy recovery,\. I'm also having my surgery on the 21st. Love, Carol
terrycoles
on 6/18/04 2:17 am - Corpus Christi, TX
Congrats! I had the surgery 4 days ago on June 14th which was also our wedding anniversary. We've only been married 4 months. Yes we were married on Valentine's Day. Everything went well. My only problem now is feeling tired but everyone said that's typical for the first few weeks and will go away. I did take a robe and used it to walk in the halls since hubby broke the string off my gown. But when I changed into a larger gown it fit fine. They have them to fit us large people. I brought slippers but they gave me slipper socks that I just kept on all the time. I didn't use much of what I brought from home. Good luck to you! Hope all goes as smoothly as mine did. According to the scale I've lost 10 pounds since Monday but I don't see or feel it. I think we're used to feeling hungry so now that I feel full I can't believe I'm really losing weight. It's certainly different. Terry
Nancy M.
on 6/18/04 4:43 am - Mt. Jackson, VA
Happy Anniversary. So I see you are giving your husband a new wife for his aniversary gift. I am having surgery on the 21st also. I was advised to bring slippers, nighty, and a robe as well as personal items. If you are still getting your period you will need to take pads as I am told the surgery can bring it on. I packed slipper socks; housecoat; pj's that are actually shorts and a tee shirt; undies; a terry cloth housedress that I plan to wear for the trip home; and the usual personal care items (comb, toothbrush, etc.) As a matter of fact I started packing my bag 3 weeks ago. See you on the losing side. Good Luck. Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views