Eeeeeeeee....June 24th......

Jojo G.
on 6/17/04 1:19 pm
Since my first info session I have been glued to this board. The support is unbelieveable however I feel like I am obsessed with reading everything I can.....(suppose that is good). I was suppose to be on a pre-op diet for at least two weeks prior to my surgery. Diet, well, not going so well. After my 'tests' at the hospital, the gal said that she was so shocked how clearly she could see my gallblader and liver....."cool" I thought, maybe a few "treats" are OK???? The guilt is getting the best of me.....I have been sticking pretty close to the diet, but then again the DQ Blizzards probably don't count (haha). Until my surgery, I feel like my real life is on hold. I am so excited and then yet, I am a bit scared. The feelings are normal, I know that. It is my choice who to share this life change with....but I have chosen to only share this with a few people. Holding this inside will probably lead me to change my mind after I get to the losing side. Thanks for reading my blabbling content..... ---Jojo BMI 37/208 Pre-Op
Larry G.
on 6/17/04 1:31 pm - HAMPTON, GA
Jojo, I did not tell anyone except immediate family until after my surgery. No ones business if I didn't want them to know. However, after the weight starts to go you have know choice because then you must be sick and dying because you are loosing so much weight. I started at 458 and now I am at 228. I had surgery 26 Mar 2003. Eat your Blizzard now because afterwards you can't I eat very little chicken, no red meat, no pork, no turkey, some shrimp, mostly vegetables, beans and cheese with milk and water or decaf unsweetened tea. I have no desire for sweets or meats. Keep up the courage and you will enjoy the new you. I ate for the first two months with a toothpick. Everything I ate with a toothpick. Very slowly. Mashed potatoes, oatmeal, jello everything with a toothpick. Larry
Jojo G.
on 6/17/04 1:33 pm
Thanks for the info..... Love the toothpick idea. ---Jojo
Barb P.
on 6/18/04 12:24 am - Smalltown, KY
JoJo I'll be right behind you on the 25th. It is truly great to have the support and information from this board. Larry, I too like the toothpick idea - that should really slow you down. I'll have to give it a try also. Good luck Jo Jo, I'll be thinking of you as you prepare this week. My liquid diet doesn't start until Wednesday, so it is off to my favorite restaurants this week Red Lobster, etc.
pammy624
on 6/18/04 11:45 am - staten island, NY
I too go on june 24 and im eating everything in site I want it all out of my system I cant wait to start over so to speak, very excited and feel the same way you do about it. Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views