9 days out...

Barb S.
on 6/17/04 1:02 pm - San Antonio, TX
I can't believe it's been nine days since my Lap RNY! I haven't gotten on a scale yet because I'm waiting for my weigh-in at the clinic next Monday. I know my sleeves are bigger and am really excited to see how it's been going. I'm not eating much - sometimes one 4-oz yogart and a sugar free jello; sometimes one egg with sugar free diabetic ketchup; sometimes 4 oz of a pre-digested protein drink. I'm sick of tuna and chicken and can't wait to add other chewable items to my allowed foods. Getting comfortable at night's been tough but totally bearable. I'm walking and sipping (Arizona sugar-free peach tea is delicious) and taking vitamins, tums, iron, and that pill for the gallbladder. It's nice to be on the losing side - even though I don't know how much yet! Barb
Susan B.
on 6/17/04 11:34 pm - Arvada, CO
Barb, hi! I am Susan. I am 9-days out as well...today at least. My surgery was on the 9th. Boy-oh-boy! Your Dr./Nutritionist sure is different than mine! I am on all liquids for 2 weeks, then pureed for 2 weeks, then soft foods for 2 weeks.... I have 5 more days on liquids (tea, broth, crystal light, sugar free jello, and milk) I don't mind though. The less choices I have at this point makes it easier on me! I, too, was wondering about the weight loss. My belly is still swollen, and I thought my face looked a bit less round, but had no idea if I had actually lost anything. I went to the Dr yesterday for my first pre-op visit, and I am down 18 pounds!!! Good luck to you and keep in touch! Thanks for the tip on the sugar free Arizona Peach Tea. I will have to keep an eye out for that one! Hugs, Susan
terrycoles
on 6/18/04 2:21 am - Corpus Christi, TX
Hi, I'm 4 days out and was wondering about my belly being swollen but after reading your post I guess that's normal. According to the scale I'm losing but I feel fat and full. I said that to my surgeon before leaving the hospital and he said "that feeling goes away when your clothes start to fall off." Terry
Susan B.
on 6/18/04 3:26 am - Arvada, CO
Terry, That is TOOOOO Funny Ya, The thing is, I could care less about my big legs, big boobs, even back fat....It is the belly I WANT GONE I am totally happy with the 18 lb loss in a week though! The tummy will go away eventually Susan
Jer B.
on 6/19/04 9:37 am - Blaine, MO
My Dr believes in a month of liquids before moving on to pureed food. So I'm on liquids til July 6th! I have my 1oz medicine cup which I drink out of every 10 minutes because he doesn't want more than 6oz's per hour so my pouch heals up & doesn't stretch...it takes me forever to get my protein drink & water down...it's an all day event! I have been losing weight extremely fast though, so that is great! It's interesting how each Dr believes differently about how long you should be on liquids though...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views