1 week out and doing fine

marypoco
on 6/17/04 1:09 am - amherst, MA
Hello all , well so far , so good!! I'm tolerating the Mushy food/liquid diet so far, so good! I have an appt. with my surgeon/nutrionist on the 23rd. I'm hoping to add foods small bits of foods but different foods!!! I was put on "High blood presure" meds in the hospital when I went to my primary care appt. on monday my blood pressure was 94/60 with a pulse rate of 60!! He had me get off them immediately! I even had to go yesterday to get re-tested! Now its 125/64 with a pulse rate of 80.Better. Boy that was a goof!! I've also lost 17lbs!!!! wow!! in one week??!! My jeans didn't fit to good at first, but, I guess that was due to swelling!! now they fit ok. I'll be happy when they're loose!! Time, time will tell. My tops fit better. I've already noticed that!Good, good. well I'll let you all know what happens at my appt. on the 23rd! ~Mary
Susan B.
on 6/17/04 1:42 am - Arvada, CO
Mary, HI! What date was your surgery? mine was on the 9th. I go in for my first pre-op appointment today at 2:30. Can't wait to get on the scale! lol I am going to try to wear button up pants today. I have been wearing elastic waist cuz of the swelling... HATE the swelling!!! I am still on all liquids. Keep up the good work!!! Hugs, Susan
caliangel76
on 6/17/04 2:08 am - San Diego, CA
Hi...my name is Jill...My surgery date is June 29th...I am a little scared, but very excited...Did you have any complications with the surgery?...What kind did you have?
marypoco
on 6/17/04 2:19 am - amherst, MA
Jill, I didn't have any complications at all! I had Lap. I was off pain meds the day after the surgery, because my pain level was no more than a 3 I had my chathedur*spelling taken out on the next day. I did throw up once in the hospital which was nasty ,but was just stuff in my new stomach. no problems. I'm starting to walk more, and trying to get alittle more active. I get antsy so I'm doing stuff. I havn't had to take pain meds at home so I can drive. Good luck with your surgery. I know you'll do great! Before my surgery , the day of I was a nervous wreck, but, after was a calming... what your feeling is perfectly natural. See you on the loosing side!! ~Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views