1 week post op - HELLO JUNE PEOPLE!!! :)

Susan B.
on 6/16/04 9:44 pm - Arvada, CO
Hi. My name is Susan and I am a regular on the Colorado board. I decided that I had better get to know y'all since you are my June-twins! I had surgery last Wednesday, 6/9. I goin for my first post-op appointment today. I have been feeling better and better every single day. In fact, it is 5:40 am, and I am up typing after having some broth and my Flintstones vitamin. WOW! I have actual ENERGY I have been on oxygen since I got home, but am without it (bad, I know) every once in a while, and feel just fine. Hopefully the Dr will release me from it today. My scale at home is dropping, but I am not going to post any numbers until I actually see what the Dr's scale says today. So.... I hope to be around here a lot! I noticed that my buddy Korianne has posted here Hope to see you at the West Side support group meeting on Sunday!!!! (Anyone else in the Denver metro area? We have a GREAT support group...email me!) Hugs, Susan
marypoco
on 6/17/04 1:19 am - amherst, MA
WTG Susan!! My surgery was the day before on the 8th! When I went to have the staples removed on Monday I was down 15 lbs!! When I went to my primary care on Wenesday I was down 17lbs!!! My stomach was swollen alittle and my jeans didn't quite fit. but, now they are fitting without discomfort! YOu seem to be doing well to. I seem to have more energy , each day to. I do alittle around the house, but, not to overdue it. I don't want to injure myself. That wouldn't be good. I feel well enough to go back to work, but, I took till the 6th of July off. because I know my outsides are healing but it's the insides that need healing too. So take it easy and we'll all be the better for it. I'm glad your doing well Talk later~Mary
Barb P.
on 6/17/04 12:42 pm - Smalltown, KY
You girls are doing so good. It is great to see the new post ops doing this well. My surgery is the 25th and I am looking forward to posting from the post-op side. Congratulations, you're awesome.
Julie S.
on 6/17/04 10:45 pm - Littleton, CO
Congrats, Susan! I am a little over two weeks post-op and I'm from Colorado, too. Everything is going well. I am just starting on pureed foods. It's exciting! I've never been so thrilled to eat oatmeal! Best of luck to you.
Ann Marie H B.
on 6/28/04 5:58 am - PA
Just looking at some fellow June post opers. Mine was June 8th. I am happy you are losing so much weight - wish I could say the same. I'm 3 weeks out tomorrow and down only 18. Keep up the good work.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views