I had surgery on June 10th and....

Arlene I.
on 6/16/04 9:42 pm - San Dimas, CA
I am feeling pretty good! I didn't feel that great right after the surgery (laparoscopic), but when the morphine took over I was walking around and around the nurses station! (One of the nurses reminded me that there was a speed limit! BUT after I was taken off the morphine, reality set in and I was back to hurting again... I guess a 7 on the pain scale. When I got home I was still in some pain - not too bad though. I took my Vicoden and felt OK. Has any pre-op had left-sided pain more than the right side? This is day #7 pre op and it still hurts when I walk, stand up, and breathe in deeply. And, although I have obviously lost some of the weight, my stomach seems a little "bloated" - not necessarily gas that has to be expelled type bloated... just full and round looking (not unlike before the surgery - it's not hard or anything like that). Also, I am scared to weigh myself because I am afraid of being dissappointed just in case I didn't lose what I thought I would!!! Am I normal or should I go ahead and make that appointment with the shrink?!?!!
Susan B.
on 6/16/04 9:51 pm - Arvada, CO
Arlene, Hi. I had Lap RNY the day before you. I had more pain in my left side as well, and more bruising around the incision there. It is getting much better! I also am kinda ticked off that my tummy seems to be bigger than when I went into the hospital! I have to wear elastic band things still, as the shorts that I wore to the hospital (buttoned up and all) will not button around me...yet. A little disheartening to say the least. Do not be afraid to get on the scale tho! I am down at least 10 lbs! Maybe more - I will find out for sure this afternoon at my forst post-op appointment. I'll be sure to post! You are totally normal Just get out and walk every single day! I started on my treadmill at .07 MPH for 10 minutes last week, and last night I did 30 minutes at 1.5 MPH. I am feeling stronger and more like myself every day. Hang in there, you're doing GREAT! Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views