Need some help

Katie T.
on 6/16/04 4:05 am - Sioux Falls, SD
Hi- I am scheduled to have surgery in July and I'm really riding an emotional rollercoaster and am wondering if you can answer questions for me. I am having lap-band surgery and I would like to know what types if any complications anyone had or recovery (don't do's) and the length of recovery time some of you had. Your answers are greatly appreciated and thank you for your support. Katie :P Lap-Band July 20th, 2004
dottie dee
on 6/17/04 8:53 am - Small Town, IL
I wish I could help you Katie, but I'm having the "open" and am still waiting for June 30th to get here. I sure do wish you lots of luck, though! Just keep busy so you don't think too much about it.......
Heather P.
on 6/18/04 12:57 am - Media, PA
Hi Katie, I'm not having the lap-band, I'm having the RNY-proximal (hopfully lap, though). I did, however have a friend who had the lap band. She did not have any complications, she did however, have some setbacks in the losing. The band can loosen (you do have to have it adjusted occasionally) and her losing was very slow. She became frustrated at times, but it's been 2 and a half years and she's lost 100 lbs. and kept it off. Her recovery after surgery was short - 2 weeks - and she went back to work. She did eventually have therapy to deal with her "food issues" so she would be more successful. The emotional rollercoaster thing is normal - I just went through it, too. It will even out. Take care and good luck on the 20th! God bless, Heather
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views