One more week and SCARED!!

dottie dee
on 6/17/04 8:51 am - Small Town, IL
I'm pretty nervous, too, Helen. My surgery is June 30th and I'm having the "open". I just wi**** would hurry up and get here so I can quit worrying about it! Actually, I'm anxious to get on the road to recovery instead of playing the waiting game! Hang in there, gal........if I can do it, ANYbody can do it!
Chocolate D.
on 6/17/04 2:58 pm - Houston, TX
Hello my date is June 21 and I can't tell you how ready I am to have this surgery I will see you on the LOSER SIDE
michelleguess
on 6/17/04 4:30 pm - Clayton, nc
Helen, hello neighbor, I'm close by in Orlando and I have surgery with Dr. Overcash one day before you on the 22nd! I'll be at Ocala Regional, how about you? I have been having so many feelings too, but you have to keep reminiding yourself why you are doing this. Your fears are normal and I've been thinking all the same things as you. It'll be over before ya know it and you'll be starting a whole new life one where you can be active with your grandbabies, enjoy yourself and your life more. Its going to be so worth it. Think about all the positives and if you need anything before or after feel free to drop me a line perhaps we can help each other along our new journeys. Michelle 6/22/04 open RNY Dr. Overcash/Ocala Regional
Mary Ellen K.
on 6/18/04 12:35 am - APO, Germany
Hello, Helen, I am 11 days away from my surgery date and feel exactly like you do. I feel like there is this tighness in my chest that is just sitting there. When I concentrate on it, the fear increases, so I am trying to think of other things. My thoughts and prayers are with you and to all the others who posted to your email and will soon have their surgeries. To the post op'ers, congratualtions! Being able to share our fears and receiving all the positive support will, I know, help us through this and soon we will be so glad that we had the courage to take this step toward a more fulfilling life. The woman *****sponded about feeling invisible hit the nail right on the head. She was right, too, in that we will no longer suffer that humiliation. God Bless! Mary Ellen in Germany
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views