Re born June 3rd.

~DixieBlonde ~.
on 6/14/04 1:27 pm - Selma, AL
Thanks to everyone who send me encouragement. Believe me I have needed that and all the prayers. I was only in the hospital 2days I had the Lap procedure. I am not sore, no pain, and no complications. Everyone at the Hospital was wonderful. I think the key is to get moving as soon as possible. I got up and walked some that night. I am having trouble getting use to eating slowly and I have discovered what happens when I don't. I have only had one air bubble and ouch. won't do that again anytime soon I hope. I love that it doesn't take as much to fill me up. My Husband has been a great support to me. I couldn't do this without him. I pray his patience doesn't wear out. I have already lost 15lbs. I don't have any more swelling and I am loving my new legs and hands ( I can actually see my ankle bones and My rings twirl on my fingers). I offer to everyone my prayers and thanks. Tracy
Kori
on 6/14/04 2:01 pm - Westminster, CO
congratulations Tracy!! Its great to hear a great out come like that. My surgery is 06/30/04. and It eases my mind . keep us posted and I will see you on the losing side.. Korianne
randy K.
on 6/15/04 2:54 am - Waupun, WI
CONGRATULATIONS!! glad to hear things are going so well for you and is surely eases the minds of us who have a date coming up (mine is one week from today) God Bless you and I can't wait to be on the loosing side myself!
Tracey L.
on 6/15/04 4:04 am - Lakebay, WA
I'm reborn June 3rd too...open distal..... I'm very surprised how the weight is dropping off, I'm down 19 lbs, and haven't weighed myself in 2 days. ( I was getting a bit obsessive) No trouble drinking, I can finish a large protein shake in no time, no problems. So I am very blessed I think. No nausea, just alot of diarrhea and I don't dare pass gas.......so I go to the bathroom alot all day. I drove to the store yesterday and it totally completely wore me out! I didn't realize I was so weak yet. I laid down almost the rest of the day after that. but I'd gotten several new mags to read, so that was ok. My husband has been wonderful too, I wonder what I would have done without his constant reassurance, his care and love. Been far more miserable I know. Well, happy birthday from Tracey to Tracy....
~DixieBlonde ~.
on 6/15/04 4:34 am - Selma, AL
From Tracy to Tracey. I am tired too alot. I was thinking maybe this was not so normal but a dietician friend of mine said it may have something to do with insulin production. Since I don't need so much anymore on a sugar free diet its just taking my body a while to realize it and stop making so much everytime I eat and my blood sugar is just out of whack. I don't know but it sounds good anyway. I am proud of you that great for just a week and half. What kind of protien shakes are you drinking? I haven't started on the protien drinks yet maybe I should.
Tracey L.
on 6/15/04 5:22 am - Lakebay, WA
Tracy, The protein drink I like the best is 1/2 Proscore 100 chocolate with 1/2 Pure whey stack chocolate. It is really good, chocolatey, and I don't get an aftertaste. I also like some of the nectars.....Strawberry/Kiwi with crystal light lemonade is my favorite, but I also like fuzzy navel. Vitalady gives free tasting sessions, you just have to call and make an appt. they will mix up anything for you to try. Her place is easy to find off of I-5 too. Have you picked out a support group? I plan to start attending hers next month, I went once and it was very informative. Plus she has over 100 kinds of protein drinks, so there's something for anyone. I think I am abnormal, being distal, I haven't had any trouble drinking at all. Of course the first few days I went easy, now I can gulp a whole glass of anything like pre-surgery. occasionally a big gulp will get caught in my throat, but I wait and it passes through quickly. I'm not eating for 2 more weeks, but I have tasted stuff, chewed it up and spit it out. I'm very careful not to swallow any, and the taste has helped me be happier. I'm having 2-3 protein shakes a day. I am really hoping not to lose too much hair with all this, and right now when I'm starving my body, I am at least trying to keep the protein level up. but it may be to no avail, we'll see. Have a great day, Tracey
Robin E.
on 6/15/04 8:42 am - Plainfield, CT
Wow, Im reading all your posts and getting even more excited, my date is the 23rd. I was wondering when I could expect to start driving again? I was glad to to see that you were driving in about a week? I am having Lap too. I officially start my liquid diet tomorrow, I actually did start this past saturday, I had put on a few lbs since my last appt. My date of the 23rd was a huge jump from my original date of 7/27. They called me this past friday with the 6/23 date and I jumped at it. Please keep in touch, I love that you both are just a couple weeks ahead of me so I can find out what to expect. Good luck Robin
~DixieBlonde ~.
on 6/15/04 8:58 am - Selma, AL
Robin,I started driving after about 7 days and I had planned to go back to work this comming monday. I am a nurse so I am worried about being tired. Just take things easy. How long do you have to be on the liquid diet before your surgery. I was only on liquids 48hours pre op. before that I could eat anything I wanted and I did..
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views