11 Days PreOP, Had Vena Cava Filter Installed Today

rdherald
on 6/14/04 11:27 am - Bardstown, KY
I had my Vena Cava Filter installed today. My groin is sore and my back hurts. The OR table made my back hurt. I 11 days away. Surgery is in Louisville, KY with Dr. Mark Shina. The pulmonoligist said it is likely I will have the ventilator in the first day because of my Severe Sleep Apnea and MY BMI of 58. Has anyone had the ventilator in for the first day?
Kori
on 6/14/04 12:23 pm - Westminster, CO
I was told I was supposed to have a greenfield filter put in, but my doctor doesn't think it is necessary. As my history of pulmanary Embolism was primarily postpartum. I am relieved. What was it like? Congratulations on your surgery date, mine is the 30th 15 days away.. WOO HOO.. See ya on the losing side... Korianne
rdherald
on 6/14/04 10:19 pm - Bardstown, KY
Having Sleep Apnea puts a hamper in things. They could not put me under because it's to risky. Only 1 time did I feel pain that "HURT". Their were other times that I felt pain/uncomfort but it was bearable. The OR table has put a kink in my back. I think it hurts worse than my groin area. All in all the procedure was fine.
Barb P.
on 6/15/04 1:09 pm - Smalltown, KY
Hey Randall, I know you are glad to get that filter procedure over with. Who is your pulmonary doctor? I don't know much about the ventilator. I hope I don't have to have it after I wake up. The days are creeping up on us.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views