June 24th..........Finally.......Yet Scared.........My Journey to freedom ...

Maritza S.
on 6/13/04 10:24 am - Williamsport, PA
The time has come to put into use, all that I have learned about the surgery and the life transition that is to begin June 24th, 2004. I realize, that like, a child I am venturing into unchartered territory and I am leaving the most loyal friend I had for so many years behind. Like any other friend that I have outgrown there is a part of me that has begun to grieve the loss of a friendship built on fear, insecurities and love. Like many, food has been my comfort and suport when there was no one else. I met my friend as a child yearning for love from my mother and father. and my mother's ability to share her love through her food. Coming from a Spanish traditional family you understand the language of love through food at a very early age. I wish you a bittersweet farewell, for I have outgrown you, But I will remember...
Evelyn A.
on 6/13/04 10:49 am - Hayward, CA
Hi Maritza, I can relate in all ways. Being latin as well, I know how you were brought up with love thru food. I know what you are going thru - I think. I also have the same surgery date & at this time I am very scared. At this time, I am very anxious. I am anxious to begin my journey to the other side - at the same time I am very scared. I wish you a speedy & safe recovery. Good luck in your journey. We step across the threshold on the same day...... God bless & take care Evelyn From California
Jojo G.
on 6/14/04 10:56 am
I join you as well in this journey and also in the past association with food. My nationality is Italian. ---Jojo BMI 37/208 Pre-Op
Maritza S.
on 6/15/04 9:01 pm - Williamsport, PA
Hi JoJo, My prayers and friendship are with you. Know that you are not alone and yes, although freedom is near with it comes the responsability of growing up and taking care of ourselves. I know I am scared. Now comes the true challenge of change and self growth. There will no longer be any excuses. I will cherish and take with me your thoughts and prayers as I hope you will take mine with you. We are strong and have always been there for others now it is time to let someone else take care of us. we will both enter the journey of freedom together and come out winners. I wish you a speedy and safe journey, We will write again to eachother. May love keep you safe. Maritza
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views