BEANS

s S.
on 6/13/04 9:39 am - latham, NY
OK IT MIGHT SOUND SILLY.. BUT I REALLY NEED HELP WITH THIS. MY SOFT FOOD GUIDE SAYS THAT I CAN EAT REFRIED BEANS. I DONT SEE ANYTHING LABLED REFRIED BEANS IN THE SUPERMARKET. WOT THE HECK ARE THEY?????? AND ALSO HOW IS UR EXPERIENCE WITH TACO BELLS PINTOS AND CHEESE??? I WOULD LIKE TO TRY THAT TOO. SS
Maritza S.
on 6/13/04 10:32 am - Williamsport, PA
Hi, Go to the part of the supermarket where they have the boxed Taco mixed ex. Old el paso taco mix, Ortega taco kits...there you will find the canned refried beans. Make sure you pay attention because some are made with solid beans in it. You want the totally mashed refried bean. I hope I was helpful Maritza
s S.
on 6/13/04 11:30 am - latham, NY
HI, THANKS MARITZA.. THAT HELPS ME A LOT. SS
Mary C.
on 6/13/04 2:39 pm - Mountain View, CA
When you look for these in the ethnic food aisle of your market (the section that should have things like hard taco shells and the sauce mixes), you want to make sure you are getting the ones that are labeled LOW FAT. In general real refried beans are fried in lard and the canned commercial ones are also heavy in fat. In my local market, they carry several different brands including Taco Bell. Just read your labels carefully. Congrats on moving to this food level.
Larry G.
on 6/17/04 1:23 pm - HAMPTON, GA
Taco Bell Refried Beans are cooked with lots of fat lard. Stay away from them for at least 6 months Better yet make your own. Cook your own pinto beans until real soft and then add low fat cheese. Use a food whisk to mush them up and enjoy the right amount. I am 16 months post op and have lost 230 pounds. Almost ready for Reconstructive Surgery. Hang in there. Larry
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views