Update on me...June 2nd surgery

Tasha M.
on 6/13/04 9:08 am - Colonial Heights, va
Hi everyone. It has taken me forever to mosey over here and update. I had my surgery on June 2nd and there were no complications. I came home on the 5th and just had my 2 weeks (10 day) check up on friday. I'm healing good. Still sore and even more so because I slipped on a popcicle on the floor and bruised some muscles in my ribs and abdomen. UGH I'm getting a lot better now though and I plan to go back to the gym this week and get on the treadmill. The dr said that I can start back my water aerobics class as soon as I feel up to it so I am hoping maybe next week. I am now on the soft diet and LOVING beans. I even had pintos and cheese from Taco Bell and they were the bomb. LOL I've lost 19 pounds so far. WooHoo!!! I can't believe how little I have to eat now to get full. I mean obviously I knew but it still suprises me every time. Anyhoo, I'm going tp try and catch up on the posts if I can. ttys, Tasha
s S.
on 6/13/04 9:42 am - latham, NY
hi tasha..sounds to me you are doing awsome. i had my surgery jus one day before you did. i had a open rny.. so i dont think i will be jumping on the treadmill soon.. maybe another week or so. how is ur fluid intake??? i can not seem to drink enough.... i am so scared i will have to go back to the hospital with dehydration. u keep up the good work
Tasha M.
on 6/13/04 11:17 am - Colonial Heights, va
Thank you!!! The fluid is hard for me because I just can't keep track of it. I try to watch my output and make sure that my urine is clear or at least pale. If it's dark you probably are not getting enough fluids. Tasha
ejarbaby
on 6/13/04 9:42 am - Omaha, NE
Tasha, I'm glad everything is going well for you! Watch out for those Popsicle sticks though. Enjoy your beens and good luck with your weight loss.
madi J.
on 6/13/04 10:11 am - WI
RNY on 06/02/04 with
Tasha, Congrats on doing so well. I had surgery the same day as you, isn't it nice to be on this side. Best of luck as you continue on. Sheri
Debra F.
on 6/19/04 10:47 pm - Newport, KY
Hi Tasha,I am glad you are doing well.I know we have chat before and I will update you on how I am doing.You know I had my surgery on the same day but Dr.Smith kept me 2 extra days.I was feeling depressed and I thought I have done something that I regret.I wouldn't eat for 2 days and wasn't talking enough fluids to come home,so I came home on the 6th.I had my 2 weeks check up and I am on soft foods(thank god)liquids would ok but now I get to add soft foods.I have lost 21 pounds.I know what you mean by eating so little and feel full so quickly.It amazes me too. I haven't try to go out to eat yet.I am to scare to.I have been getting nausa so but not enough to vomit.Otherwise I feel great.Walking everynight and drinking alot of fluids.I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks, Debra French
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views