scared

s S.
on 6/12/04 2:28 am - latham, NY
ok well, i am almost 2 weeks out.. and guess wot... i can drink/eat anything. i just started on soft food and i was ready to get sick or throw up.. but nothing.. nada.. i can eat all i want to. i am not eating 2 tea spoons of anything.. but more like 5 or 7. i lost 28 pounds in first 9 days and then stopped. anyone else going through the same thing?? bye ss
Doris M.
on 6/12/04 4:57 am - Lancaster, TX
Well I can't offer you any advice as I am only 3 days post-op but it sounds like you are doing just fantastic!! (I hope that I have a similar experience with the ability to eat anything and not get sick... that is, WHEN I get to eat again.) Like I said, I'm no one to give advice here -- but maybe it is what you are eating that is causing the plateau. Are you staying within your guidelines of fat / sugar/ protein grams? Good Luck!
Jennifer P.
on 6/12/04 7:23 am - Elizabethtown, KY
If you are eating carbs I would start. My Dr says 2-3 Tbsp to begin with so 8 tsp doesn't sound bad. No cafine and no carbination. Those 2 are your enimies at this point...that is along with carbs
Nancy M.
on 6/12/04 8:02 am - Mt. Jackson, VA
Sounds to me like you are doing great. If you are weighing yourself everyday, stop! Weigh only once a week and have someone take your measurements at least once a month. Sometimes you will lose inches instead of pounds. I know we all want to the thin now -- myself included. But its going to take time to lose the fat. We didn't put it on overnight and it won't come off overnight. Sermon over. Now do me a favor. Save this reply and send it back to me when I am a new post-op and going through the same thing you are now, please. Nancy Surgery date June 21
Tasha M.
on 6/13/04 11:14 am - Colonial Heights, va
You know it makes me nervous how easily I eat and the fact that I do get hungry. They kept saying that after surgery you would not be hungry and I am. BUT I just make sure that I eat what I should be eating and try to remind myself how much less I really am eating now even if it does seem like more than I expected. I hope that makes sense. I was wondering if there was anyone else out there who thought they were eating more than the norm too. As far as not losing anymore I would say just give it time. I do weigh almost every day. I know you are not supposed to but I'm human and curiosity gets the best of me. I've noticed that sometimes I will lose every day and then I might go a few days and not lose but than bam all of a sudden I'll drop 4-5 pounds in one day. BTW 28 pounds in 9 days is fantastic. Congrats to you!!!! Tasha
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views