June 18th...and nervous..what can I do?

CVanscyoc
on 6/12/04 1:22 am - Sarahsville, OH
Just wanted to see if any of you felt really nervous about your surgery once it got closer ? Iam scheduled for next Friday and thought I was great about it..... I have been so excited and now I am feeling all of these panic attacks about "what if"...... Is that normal? How do I deal with it? What if I can't do it afterwards? Just some helpful ideas would be great right now.
Smile
on 6/12/04 1:45 am - Buffalo, MN
I don't know how much I can help. I am having my surgery on Wed. and it is driving me crazy! To top it off I had my physical yesterday and my doc. heard a murmur in my heart. So I had to have an EKG---that was normal, but she also ordered an echocardiogram and now I have to wait until Monday for the results!!! Talk about scary!!! I guess we have to look at the big picture and remember that we are doing this for a better quality of life. I don't know about you, but I would much rather be thin and happy than overweight and not. Remember what Susan Maria says....."nothing tasts as good as thin feels." I am going to make a sign and put in up in my apt. somewhere.....like the fridg. LeAnn
CVanscyoc
on 6/12/04 8:22 am - Sarahsville, OH
Well you are right and I believe that with all the help on here I can make it... I want to have a better quality of life for my kids, my husband and of course me....good luck on the heart situation with you too...I hope that everything comes out okay and you can go on as scheduled. I guess I just need for people to remind me as to why I am doing this....I know that I needed a help of some sort, a tool (if you will) to help me get my excess weight off and I have dreamed of this moment since I had my first baby..18 years ago. Its just a worry when its this big of an undertaking. I have 2 more children at home along with my oldest heading off to college and i want to be there for them while they grow up. So thanks for the reply. I think I might try the fridge sign idea too. Thanks so much and God Bless you in your recovery! Cindy
Heather O.
on 6/12/04 3:13 am - Ridgeland, Ms
Cindy, We have the same date and I feel the same way one minute I am excited and the next I am scared to death of all the "what ifs" I have two small boys who I worry about. Hang in there I think that any life altering experience comes with it's up and downs and what ifs! CHIN UP KID WE ARE SO CLOSE TO BEING ON THE LOSING TEAM!!!! Cindyfor protection!
Mrs. P.
on 6/12/04 7:05 am - South Orange County, CA
Well I am scheduled for June 22nd and go from extremely excited to fretting about long term success. Frankly I am HATING this pre-op diet. I know we will all be successful. It is our choice to make this work. We can DO IT!
Jennifer P.
on 6/12/04 7:32 am - Elizabethtown, KY
I was so nervous I could not sleep and had to have a Rx for Ambian to sleep.
dcox94
on 6/12/04 2:29 pm - North Wilmington, DE
Cindy, I have the same feelings as you do. My surgery is scheduled for the 21st. I took a week off and let my mind clear. I know I have a good surgeon, I know I am doing this procedure for my health. Both of these are good to know but not comforting the what ifs. I have lots of those. I am mostly concerned with can I comply with all the food rules. How do I handle head hunger? What will I feel like after surgery? Who will be taking care of me after surgery? What if I have a problem how do I get back to hospital if I feel bad and cannot drive myself. I have been trying to work out a plan and hoping it helps me. That is what my goal is in the next few days. I am going to try to anticipate things that could happen and how I will handle them. I will be writing them done so I can reinforce them when and if I ever have to go through any of the situations.
Nancy M.
on 6/13/04 6:12 am - Mt. Jackson, VA
I know exactly how you feel. I'm right in there with you. I'm excited, nervous, anxious and scared. I've been obese all my life as far back as I can remember and I know now that I am older the extra weight has got to go one way or another. I feel like this is the last resort and the surgery has got to work. As for the head hunger, I know I may need to seek out professional counseling to deal with all the memories, etc that I have been stuffing with food but will cross that bridge when I get to it. In the meantime, I have filled out a living will to take to the hospital with me. My husband, daughter and son-in-law, and pastor will be there waiting to give me moral support. My surgery is June 21. so lets at the fat that's been holding us back, on over to the other side, those fat cells and stay in touch with eath other. We're in this together and can be here for each other to offer a hand to hold and a shoulder to cry on and a kick in the pants whenever it it needed. Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views