Any 6/02/2004 Post-0ps?

SimplyRedHead
on 6/11/04 11:44 pm - Longwood, FL
I am looking to compare notes on diet, exercise and weightloss, as well as, hope to start some new online friendships. Please respond if your date was the same as mine or within a few days if you care to start an informal online support system. Take care, Amy Central Florida
gretchen A.
on 6/11/04 11:51 pm - naperville, IL
Hi amy, my surgery was done on june 7th, I came home yesterday,June 11 and am doing pretty well, I was just so happy to get home.
SimplyRedHead
on 6/12/04 12:07 pm - Longwood, FL
Hey Gretchen, Isn't it nice to be home! I stayed with my parents then a friend for the first several days and just got home on Thursday. I was so happy to start my own routine again. I'm doing pretty good too. Every day it hurts a little less. I still take a lot of naps though LOL and I am so tired of the liquid diet and I still need to do this another couple weeks. Blech! I am craving cottage cheese which is just silly! What type of foods can you eat right after surgery as per your doctor? Just curious...
Connie H.
on 6/12/04 3:09 pm - Prospect Heights, IL
Hi, Amy, I had my surgery on June 2nd. (lap RNY). I started pureed/soft foods yesterday. It is so hard to get calories, protein and fluids in. I'm feeling pretty good now, except I get tired easily (I like my naps). How are you doing?
SimplyRedHead
on 6/12/04 8:56 pm - Longwood, FL
Hi Connie, I am also feeling pretty good and boy, do I love my naps too. I am having a hard time getting in my protein too. I am going to try to pre-plan my meals starting today to see if that helps, I bought a journal to try to keep trac****il I can get into the habit of this. I am worried I drink too much too fast, I just can't seem to sip anything, I want to quench my thirst, not taunt it LOL. I'm trying to get better at that too, but it isnt easy, I live in Florida and seem to always be thirsty because it's so hot. Gosh, after reading that, I am such a bad post-op baby. LOL Amy
Jer B.
on 6/13/04 1:58 am - Blaine, MO
Amy, I'm not a 6/02/04 post-op(actually a 6/03/04 revision one!) I have some secrets I've learned for ya: 1. Get a little medicine cup that holds 1oz or 30 cc's...fill it up & drink it every 10 minutes(6oz/hr). It will keep you froming drinking too much at once. 2. Try Zero Carb Isopure for a protein supplement. I found it at GNC & it's great! Several different flavors.
SimplyRedHead
on 6/13/04 8:51 pm - Longwood, FL
Thanks for the idea, Jerry. I will try doing that today. Amy
Tasha M.
on 6/13/04 9:46 am - Colonial Heights, va
Hi Amy!!! I'm June 2nd too. I would love to compare notes with you. I have been terrible about eating slowly. Drinking I do ok most of the time but I'm so used to eating fast. it does not help that I seem to have a not so easily upset pouch. I have gotten a couple little cramps once or twice but NOTHING has made me sick yet. I guess I'm doing ok though since I have lost 19 pounds in 10 days. My doctor puts you on full liquids when you leave the hospital and you can even have some solids as long as they are things you don't have to chew. So my first two weeks I could have cottage cheese, pudding, pureed chicken and rice soup from healthy choice, etc. Now I'm on soft foods and I can have cereal, eggs, cheese, beans, canned fruits and veggies, potatoes, basically anything low fat sugar free and soft. I'm doing pretty good with the protein. I highly reccomend visiting vitalady.com. the protein shakes she sells are all sugar free and suitable for us post ops. Most of them have about 30 grams of protein per shake so one or two of those a day and you are set. Cottage cheese has 11 gr of protein per serving. Beans have about 7 and cheese has about 5 so a small portion of beans and cheese is a great booster. I also LOVE protein pudding. You can get unflavored protein powder from Unjury.com and mix it in with your ff sf instant pudding. For dinner one of my favorite things is a baked potato with FF butter spray and cottage cheese. You get protein and it keeps you full longer than just butter or butter and FF sour cream. Also Pinto and Cheese from Taco Bell. Yummy!!!! hth, Tasha
SimplyRedHead
on 6/13/04 8:54 pm - Longwood, FL
Tasha, Wow, I am jealous, I can't move to soft foods until four weeks out. I hope I can last that long LOL. But I like your ideas and will keep those in mind for when I get there. Thanks, Amy
madi J.
on 6/13/04 10:06 am - WI
RNY on 06/02/04 with
Hi Amy, I too had surgery on 6/2. Isn't it great to be on the other side, I didn't think the day would ever come. So far so good here, I am just having a hard time getting liquids and food. My doctor has me on pureed food for 6 weeks, I am running out of things to try. I'm not complaining, I know it is only a short time, so I can do it. Good luck and let me know if you would like to talk more. My email is [email protected]. Sheri
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views