have major bloating

lydia O.
on 6/10/04 11:41 pm - pittsburgh, PA
well i just ha surgery on june 7, 2004 and i was only in the hospital for 2 days and everyone kept saying how they couldnt belive that i just had surgery, but my only problem is that i keep having major bloting and i notice that i move my bowels quite often. is anyone else having this problem?
peggyefromparis
on 6/11/04 6:22 am - Paris, TX
Girl, I had surgery June 2 and still am bloated. Good luck Peggye
Thomas H.
on 6/11/04 1:42 pm - Tucson, AZ
I also had surgery June 2nd. The bowel thing is normal, my Dr. if I have loose stools more than 5 times a day then let him know. As far as bloating. HECK YEA DAILY. It too will go away with time. It is very difficult to get everything in they want you to eat because you feel so full all the time and you stomach say NO WAY. I called my Dr and they said split protein drinks up through out your day. A problem I misunderstood was they wanted 64-92 ounces of fluid a day and I thought they wanted that pluss the protein drinks. Thank god I found out it can include them. Tom
Doris M.
on 6/12/04 2:30 am - Lancaster, TX
Hi All, Just wanted to add my thoughts on the bloating issue. I had HA surgery on 6/8 and was released on 6/10. I have been having lots of gas but no BMs. I was beginning to get scared that something was wrong and thankfully I FINALLY had a very small BM. (I know this is a strange thing to talk about with strangers) but it was really weighing on my mind! If anyone has comments or suggestions -- feel free to email me. I am anxious to know what is considered normal and what should be an alarm. Best to All, Doris M.
Becky F
on 6/12/04 1:31 pm - Woodstock, GA
I had surgery on the same day as you and came home on Tuesday too. I had just posted on the GA message board because the bloating is worrying me. I can tell you that I have had the same "bathroom" issues. That's why the bloated feeling is so weird. There's no pain...just a BIG feeling of fullness. It makes me feel much better that we are having the same "issues."
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views