Eating everything in site

judy F.
on 6/10/04 4:07 am - Palm Bay, FL
As my date gets closer, I have been really 'stuffing' myself. Cheese, bread, cake etc. I know it is all nerves.. Does anyone else have this problem?
i'mgonnabehot B.
on 6/10/04 9:11 am - Front Royal, VA
I did the same thing. I had two months from the time I got my date until my surgery. In that time, I ate everything I could and wanted to eat (and drink). This is not a good idea, come to find out. My liver was bigger than my stomach and caused complications with my surgery. I'm not trying to scare you. If your having lap, the larger your liver is the more difficult the surgery will be for your surgeon. Enjoy one last meal and go on a low fat diet until your surgery date! Good luck and best wishes to you! Luanne 334/307/160
Deb B.
on 6/10/04 1:00 pm - canoga park, ca
Hi Judy. I found myself doing the exact same thing! That was 2 1/2 weeks ago. Then I decided I needed to be in the best shape possible for surgery so I told myself "enough is enough." it's not like I'm never going to eat again (which I think was what lead me to eating like a cow!). My surgery is in 1 week and I'm feeling much better now that I've started watching myself. I'm having 2 shakes and 1 meal a day that is pretty healthy. Keep the faith - you can do this!! My thoughts are with you!
barblt
on 6/10/04 3:54 pm - Albany, OR
Thanks for the advice. I'm having the same problem. I think part of its a mental thing, just recovering from the parathryoid surgery. I ordered some protein drink samples and I plan to "taste test" my samples prior to the surgery. Hopefully, this will help get me started in the direction I want be be by the time I have my surgery. and I haven't waited too long. My consult with the surgeon was back in February, and its taken a long time to get to this point of being a week and a half away from surgery. Barb
beverley C.
on 6/10/04 7:39 pm - andover, UK
i did that too and i am glad i did, one of the chaps in the hospital fasted for 10 days pre surgery can you beleive it!
Newsexyme
on 6/10/04 8:38 pm - Memphis, Tn
My surgeon told me to lose 20 lbs before surgery because I had gained since the last time I was in his office . He said it would make a difference when I have surgery. I think that he made me lose 20lbs to make sure I wouldnt pig out the whole two weeks before surgery.
jeanann
on 6/11/04 8:01 am - Emory, TX
I have really been fighting with myself on this issue too! I'm glad I'm not alone. I've been having a tough time with the food issue.
Krista R.
on 6/11/04 2:50 pm - Lancaster, CA
Cookies, cakes, chocolate, diet sodas, bread etc. You name it I have been shoveling it down. But I think that it is time to stop. I have heard that taking off even just a few pounds before surgery can help. So back to "dieting". Good luck with your WLS.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views