June 17th Anyone?

Colleen J.
on 6/7/04 3:39 pm - Lancaster, CA
Just wanted to see who, if anyone shares my date!Today began the 10 day countdown, my stomach feels as though I am about to board a really thrilling roller coaster! No nerves yet (I don't think!) But excitement abounding at becoming a "new me", to give my husband a "new wife" ,to finally live life the way I used to live it...in public! Today someone asked me when my surgery was, and I responded "Next week" then thought 'Next week!! Oh my go****'s NEXT week!!!' Keep me in your prayers... Colleen
Tina W.
on 6/8/04 12:30 pm - Lake City, PA
Hi Colleen, My date is June 18th and I am now starting my 10 day countdown. I can't believe it! Today I went and got a new style of haircut to go with my soon-to-be "new body". Plus, it will be easier to take care of during my recovery. My Husband has been supportive during this process, although he has expressed his concern. However, after talking to the Surgeon, he feels better and is being supportive. I will be thinking about you and hope that your procedure goes well! You are now only 9 days away! Keep me posted on how things go -- I'm right behind you!
Colleen J.
on 6/9/04 3:39 pm - Lancaster, CA
Gosh Tina, I know what you mean...it seemed this would never actually happen...in fact, I keep expecting something to come up and stand in the way...and now, it's 7 days away...1 week!!!! Can you believe it!? I have yet to experience nerves! My husband has been supportive as well, though he revealed to me a week ago, that he fears I will get thin and dump him! And we have a wonderful relationship and marriage! So. I will be coming home and you will be going in! I fully plan to keep everyone posted, and you do the same! Best of luck....my prayers are with you!
(deactivated member)
on 6/9/04 1:01 am - tampa, FL
Good Luck with your surgery!!! Mine is on the 15th! Wow, I can hardly believe it. I have been planning for so long and now it is really gonna happen soooooon! Email me after your surgery and we can compare notes. Michelle
Colleen J.
on 6/9/04 3:49 pm - Lancaster, CA
I know what you mean about hardly believing it! Everything went so fast for me though...from my appt. with the Dr. on April 15 tho surgery on June 17...I thought I was fooling myself be expecting to be able to have it that soon...( I work in a classroom and wanted to have it done the day we get out of school so I could return when the kids do!) and now...it's 1 short week away! And yours even less!!! YOU email ME!! You will be out first! Is yours going to be open or laporoscopic? I will keep you in my prayers..... Colleen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views