Anyone for surgery on the 25th?

Barb P.
on 6/7/04 2:11 pm - Smalltown, KY
Do any of you out there have a surgery date for the 25th? Let's compare notes.
Terri V.
on 6/8/04 6:27 am - Dumas, TX
hey I am just found out yesterday. Are you as nervous as I am?. lets talk Terri
Dawn C.
on 6/9/04 1:20 pm - Dallas, TX
My date is also June 25th. We will just have to keep up with eachother. As of right now...nothing special going on. I had a EGD today and a stress test. Now I have nothing scheduled until June 17th when I have an EKG and I also have to pre-admit at the hospital. In the mean time...I'm trying to tackle things like my house which I want to be perfect as I might not feel like cleaning for a while. As if I feel like it now! ;) I am also making lists of things I really need. Like...I don't have a blender, so I'm gonna buy one. I also need a food scale as my old weigh****chers one is hard to read. I think I'll see if I can find a digital one. What about y'all...what are you doing at this point in OUR big journey to prepare for the 25th???
Barb P.
on 6/9/04 2:41 pm - Smalltown, KY
My surgery will be in Louisville. Today, I went for all of my pre-op testing. They scheduled them all in one day because I have to drive over 2 hours to the hospital. I saw the cardiologist and the Pulmonary Doctor. Then I went to the hospital for the pre-op labs and admittance paperwork. I think I am pretty much ready. I have also been doing house cleaning. I shampooed carpets yesterday. Tomorrow, I will be going to help with Bible School at my church. The days are passing very quickly. I have also been going to my school to try to work on getting my classroom ready for the new school year since I probably won't feel like doing that much later and I won't need to be lifting anything heavy like books. I am a teacher. This next year, I have moved to 2nd grade from the 4th. I needed a change, so that meant I literally had to move all my things from the downstairs hall upstairs. Boy, has that been a chore. Good luck to both you girls. I have 3 grown married children who will be my support for this surgery. I divorced their father after 33 years of marriage (4 years ago). He found a young B_______. Excuse the French, and I know that is not Christian, but it literally tore my family apart and I am still so angry, but much better.
Dawn C.
on 6/10/04 2:17 pm - Dallas, TX
Barb, I'm a teacher too! lol You are lucky you will be able to get your room done now. They do MAJOR cleaning at our school during the summer so we have to take everything down and can't usually get in until the week before we go back...sometimes not until that actual week (you know the actual prep days.) So, I will be stuck putting my room together on August 12 and 13th. That is a little over 6 weeks post op though, and my friend who had the surgery a little while back was really back to normal by that time. We will have to see...I hope I will feel the same. She came back to work 2 weeks post op and kept right in line...so I feel like I will be much luckier as I will have 6 solid weeks of recoop time. Yesterday when I had my stress test...the guy running the thing said that for the next several weeks they will see a lot of teachers. Funny how we all put things off until our much needed vacation. Keep up the cleaning and keep in touch.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views