Surgery only 8 1/2 hours away!

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/04 4:06 pm - Vancouver, WA
Hello everyone! My husband and I have had our last meal/drink before our surgeries. I had Franco American Ravioli w/Koolaid and he had 3 beef and cheddar melts from Arby's and Koolaid. We absolutely HAD to get away from the house this weekend. After getting the house the way we wanted it to be after we get home from the hospital, we visited my family in Oregon. It was such a pleasant distraction! Now, although the "what ifs" have kicked in full force, the support we have in each other keeps us strong in our resolve to get this surgery. I want to thank everyone so much for all the support that you have all given to me throughout this process. You are all wonderful people and are gifts of God to me! God bless all of you! I'll let you know how it all goes when I get home again!!
Thomas H.
on 6/6/04 4:14 pm - Tucson, AZ
Get some sleep. Your going to need it. I am so happy for the 2 of you to be able to do this together I can't even immagine how easy (My Opinion) it is going to be for you both after words. I wish I had some one to go through mine with me but heck she moved out on me in the middle of everything. The bestest of the best of luck to you both I know all will be great. Are they going to put you in the same room with each other? Just courious. God Bless and many thoughts and prayers. Tom
(deactivated member)
on 6/6/04 4:30 pm - Vancouver, WA
We were told that we will be able to share a room yet I spoke with someone in admitting this evening and she wasn't sure if we could or not. We did tell our surgeon what we wanted, so I hope that pulls some weight. (no pun intended...lol!) Sounds like you became a lot stronger in your journey to health by having to deal with your wife leaving. Even tho it was a crappy thing to do, you know now who you can count on and who you can't. God's blessings to you in your continuing journey!
constance R.
on 6/6/04 10:50 pm - moncks corner, SC
Hi Michelle, you are probably and/or your husband are probably in surgery as i type this...but i'm praying for you two to come have speedy problem free recoveries...keep me post on your progress... GOD BLESS
Sandy L.
on 6/7/04 8:19 am - Dothan, AL
Hey Michelle! I wish you and your husband the absolute BEST! If you feel like it, please let me know how it goes for you when you get home but I will probably be getting mine done when you get home. I am scheduled for Thurs morn. I am soo excited for you both, it will be a whole new life for you two! Take care and take care of each other! Sandy
Celena R.
on 6/7/04 11:21 am - bronx, NY
Good luck may God be with you on your big day my surgery is on June 9th ! I wish you a speedy recovery!!!
terrycoles
on 6/7/04 11:06 pm - Corpus Christi, TX
Wow...how wonderful to be doing this as a couple. Best of luck and prayers to you both! My surgery is on the 14th and despite the what if's I know in my heart I'm doing the right thing as we all do. It's helped me so much to read about everyone else having the same doubts and fears that I do. Will look forward to reading your update when you get home. Terry
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views