I made it & I NEED HELP

Thomas H.
on 6/6/04 9:44 am - Tucson, AZ
Let me tell you this was the roughist thing for me that I have ever done. The ONLY reason I say that is because I had 2 (TWO) major body altering changes done with in 9 days. I wish I had put off the by pass surgery until my back surgery had completely healed. The after part for me is rough becuase I can't get confortable no matter what position I try. Can't lay on my back because of the by-pass surger and the presser on my lungs, can't lay on my stomach because of the by-pass surgery. I lay on one side for about an hour then have to roll to the other side for an hour. If anyone has any great suggestions for comfortable positions PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP. Walking is difficult as well because of the gasses that where pushing on my back surgery. At times I still use a walker because I am so unsteady. Well I gots to go rest again. Tom
k29acosta
on 6/6/04 10:11 am - roseburg, OR
I am sorry I have no advice maybe a whole bunch of pillows but I am sending a whole bunch of prayers god bless
Thomas H.
on 6/6/04 4:02 pm - Tucson, AZ
Kimberly, I am going to try as many pillows as I can find the bunch of prayers are GREATLY appreciated. God Bless Tom
Debbie N.
on 6/6/04 12:01 pm - Columbus, OH
Gosh, Tom, it sounds like you are miserable. You probably shouldn't have had your surgeries so close together, but it's too late for that. Have you tried a recliner? Also, try putting a small pillow in the small of your back and/or under your knees to relieve some of the strain. Also, take your pain med as often as prescribed...not just "as needed". Keep the pain medication at a constant level in your blood stream. I hope you find some relief! Debbie
Thomas H.
on 6/6/04 4:00 pm - Tucson, AZ
I totally agree I would not recommend anyone to have the two surgeries that I had so close together. I was going on my Back surgions go ahead. If I had to do it over I definatly would wait. I have a great recliner at my place but I am staying with my sister and brother-in-law until I recover. It has only been 2 days and I am beginning to wonder if I should just go home alone and where I know I can get some sort of comfort and more exercise. I like the idea of the pillow in the small of my back but I am concerned as my back surgery was Laminectomy of L4-5, which is the small of your back. Get this my Osco here in Tucson couldn't get any of my liquid pain med or my liquid Proza****il Monday after 2PM, Hey wait a sec Dr. Fang said to continue with my valium so I will try that tonight and see if that helps. Debbie you have been a great help. Tom
Bunnygal
on 6/8/04 1:03 pm - bloomington, IL
Is there any way that they can get your recliner over to your sister's house? They usually pull apart into two pieces and this would be a good solution for your sleeping problem. If you can't get it there, many medical places rent recliners for a small monthly fee. Perhaps you can get a rental delivered to her house and then they will pick it up when you move home.
Debbie N.
on 6/10/04 1:59 pm - Columbus, OH
Hi Tom I was just thinking about you and wondering how you're doing now. I hope some your discomfort is fading. Take Care! Debbie
Theodora S.
on 6/6/04 12:17 pm - Lorain, OH
Try a body pillow. If you get a long one or two short ones, it might help cuz you can wrap your legs around it. A silk pillow case and silk sheets or very soft cotton might help too. Good luck.
Thomas H.
on 6/6/04 4:05 pm - Tucson, AZ
Theodora, I see 2 king size pillows on this spare bed in the office of my brother-in-law and I am going to try them. I wish I could afford silk!! Cotton isn't bad. God bless and thanks Tom
MarinaS
on 6/6/04 3:04 pm - Small Town, WA
Been thinking of you this week and told my family about your two surgeries so close together. Wish I could be of some help. I agree, just keep your pain meds in. There will be a day you feel better and will be glad they are both over. Maurene
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views