Pre-OP Liquid Diet

ejarbaby
on 6/5/04 8:50 am - Omaha, NE
When I am on my liquid diet pre op, do I have to have Sugar Free products or is that mostly for post-op? Thanks for your feedback?
Jeanne S.
on 6/5/04 2:07 pm - Newton, NC
I know when I was on mine it had to be sugar free and high protein. But then again every surgeon is different.
Julie S.
on 6/5/04 9:26 pm - Littleton, CO
For Pre-Op, the sugar free part really doesn't matter. In Post-Op, it matters a lot. Best of luck!
ljks1950
on 6/6/04 11:01 am - Fayetteville, GA
I am on pre-op today and tomorrow and my surgery is Tues. June 8th. I had to drink fleet 1/2 this morning and 1/2 tomorrow morning. As soon as you drink the stuff it is on, hear me out. So I have just laid around near the stool all day. It is worth it, though. I had to drain the broth off of two can of chicken noodle soups for my first broth meal. It tasted so good. When will your liquid diet start? and oh by the way, many have said that sweets will increase your hunger level. I have used crystal light in lemonade and peach flavor. I used one extra pack of sweetener. Good luck...you will make it considering the rewards of what we are trying to achieve...just the thought is the only thing that has helped me through today. Whew!!!!! Laura from GA.
Thomas H.
on 6/7/04 3:16 pm - Tucson, AZ
For my pre-op I could have a normal breakfast the day before, which consisted of I had a jelly donut, 32 ounces of OJ, a Banana, Scrambled eggs, 3 strips of bacon, and 2 sausage patties. Thiw was more than I have ate in one meal since January. From 11:30-6pm I was on a full liquid diet. The only thing was NO carbination. I ate jello, yougurt, propel more yougurt more jello (we where in a Motel with small fridge.) From 6PM till midnight it was just a clear liquid diiet. Then at 5PM I drank my lovely Phosperouse of Soda. I am so glad that I didn't have to split mine throught the day. Drank all 3 Ounces at one time because it tates NASTY. Helps if it is cold as well. Then don't leave to go on a road trip anywhere as you won't get far. Apologies for typo's I don't have me glasses on. Tom
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views